Smiley Faces...ugh!

Lounge By tonicake Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 3:34am by Ironbaker

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 9

Am I the only person in the world who can not get a smiley face to show instead of the code? I have searched the net and I guess I don't know how to do that either - I found NOTHING to fix the problem! I'm sure it's a simple setting, but what is it?

I just want to use a smiley face like everyone else (Yes, I would jump off a bridge, just because my friends are doing it! Just kidding). I would like some help though.

I'm going crazy trying to get it to work.

Toni
The Technically Impaired

P.S. see what I mean?
icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_sad.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_cool.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

8 replies
tonicake Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 9

OK, so now what's going on? Did I do it on my own? I have no clue. I still would like to know what I did - if you know, please tell me.

Toni
Still The Technically Impaired!!!! icon_eek.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 9

. . . . hmmmm . . . the only thing I can think of is you have deleted the "space" that has to be between your last "word" and the "smiley" . . . if there is no space the smiley will be like thisicon_biggrin.gif . . . instead of icon_biggrin.gif . . . HTH

ImageImage

tonicake Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 9

I feel so inadequate to even own a computer. I knew it had to be simple.

Thank you!

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 1:44am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritswife

OK, so now what's going on? Did I do it on my own? I have no clue. I still would like to know what I did - if you know, please tell me.

Toni
Still The Technically Impaired!!!! icon_eek.gif

Toni,
This has absolutely made my day!!! I am sooooooo happy that there is at least ONE more person like me out there that this kind of stuff happens to! Oh, me, I am still laughing icon_biggrin.gif ,
I wish I had a nickle for every time somebody in my family said "Mother, what did you do here, how did you get this page set up like this?"! Of course, I didn't DO anything, I'm just minding my own business, and the d*mn computes changes things on it's own... icon_mad.gif .
I am glad to have an official acronym for us TTI-thanks!

Kathy, TTI

dragonflydreams Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:06am
post #6 of 9

. . . I am happy to add my name to the list of TTIs . . . just to prove my point . . . here is the drawing that one of my staff drew for me . . . (clearly it is a miracle that "I" was able to help you icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

ImageImage
LL

tonicake Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 11:36pm
post #7 of 9

Kathy,
I am so relieved to know I am not alone on the TTI planet. Happy to hear I made you laugh and guess what - icon_biggrin.gif

Dragonflydreams,
You blew it! I thought you were a technical genius! (Just kidding - I still do.) Smiley issues have been at my door step for about 3 years now. See how smart you are? Don't sell your self short and don't listen to you co-workers - I happen to know they are WRONG! I have the smiley face to prove it thumbs_up.gif SEE?

Love you picture, very funny!

Thank you again.

dragonflydreams Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:19am
post #8 of 9

. . . happy to have been able to help . . . and here is the punch line to the cartoon . . . (and it couldn't be any "truer" icon_lol.gif ) . . .

ImageImage
LL

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:34am
post #9 of 9

icon_lol.gif

Toni, I think I know what you're talking about...

When you are typing a post and choose a smiley, the code IS supposed to show, not the actual image. You won't see the image until you actually post (or preview) the post. So, you're doing absolutely nothing wrong! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%