Adding Sparkle To Your 3D Cookies!

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 4:04pm by SILVERCAT

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 31

I've never liked that the iced marshmallow on my 3D cookies doesn't have a perfect finish. It seems cloudy. The other night I hit upon a simple solution that I can't believe I didn't figure out sooner...once iced, roll the marshmallow in colored sanding sugar! Not only does it give a uniform finish, but the added sparkle gives the cookies even better "kid appeal"! So if you bought my kit and want to vamp up your cookies, try the sugar. (I'll try to post a picture of my sample cookies.)
LL

30 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 31

Oh Thanks..I do have your kit and I will try that with the marshmellows!!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 31

Fabulous idea! It will make your cute cookies even cuter!

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 31

OMG GeminiRJ,

I just love that idea. I will definetly use it when I start baking cookies next week.

I have your cookie cutter kit and it is the best and easy to use. I always get complements when I use it to make cookies.

Electric Cook

PamelaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PamelaB Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 31

Where can I find your cookie kits?

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:54pm
post #6 of 31

GeminiRJ, where can I buy your cookie kit? Your cookies are so cute!

GeminiRJ Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 2:07pm
post #7 of 31

I will send a PM with all the information concerning the kit. Adding the sanding sugar to the marshmallow was a "eureka" moment. So simple, too!

mndy204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mndy204 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 2:31pm
post #8 of 31

I would also like to know where I can get your cookie kit GeminiRJ I think the 3D cookie is a really neat idea!! Thank you!!

KieslerKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KieslerKakes Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 2:41pm
post #9 of 31

I too would like to know where you get your 3D cookie kit. I have been looking online over the past week for them. Thanks GeminiRJ for your pic also!

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 10:36pm
post #10 of 31

I would also like information on the kit. Thank you!

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 10:42pm
post #11 of 31

I'd like information on the kit too, please icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

GeminiRJ Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 1:09pm
post #12 of 31

I think I've gotten in touch with everyone who wanted information on the cookie cutter kit. PM me if for some reason I missed you!

I sent in a photo and recipes for the cookies to our local paper, as they were asking for cookie ideas for the holidays. They're doing a "12 Days of Cookies" series. With luck, I'll be included!

GeminiRJ Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 1:05pm
post #13 of 31

I got a call from the newspaper last night, and my cookies will be highlighted in the Friday edition! I'm so-o-o excited! I just hope my responses to her questions weren't stupid...

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 1:19pm
post #14 of 31

Congrats GeminiRJ.

Post the link to the newspaper article when it comes out. Remember that "I told you so" and I am so happy to say that to you. I also said "I want to say I new her when".

Get ready for things to take off. Start getting your packaging ready because you should have a lot of orders before the holidays.

CONGRATS TO YOU. And I love, love , love my cookie cutter kit I got from you.

Electric Cook

GeminiRJ Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 1:47pm
post #15 of 31

Thank you, ElectricCook! I appreciate your positive comments, and all the support I've gotten from you and other CC members.

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:07pm
post #16 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

I got a call from the newspaper last night, and my cookies will be highlighted in the Friday edition! I'm so-o-o excited! I just hope my responses to her questions weren't stupid...

Thats Awesome!! IS it the world herald? I will have to tell my dad to look for it! That is so exciting!

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:10pm
post #17 of 31

what a great idea! I'll be trying that when I make my cookies. Thaks for sharing the idea!

GeminiRJ Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:12pm
post #18 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Thats Awesome!! IS it the world herald? I will have to tell my dad to look for it! That is so exciting!

Yes, it's the World Herald. I think the article with photo will appear in their on-line edition, as well.

GeminiRJ Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:11pm
post #19 of 31

Bummer, bummer, bummer! Even though they were going to use my photo of my cookies for the article, they didn't. They used one that the author of the article put together after trying out the recipe. It's okay, but not even remotely close to mine! She iced the pieces all in white and then covered them in sprinkles. It looks more blob shaped than anything, and the whole 3D effect is kinda lost. Sigh. I should've known it wouldn't turn out like I had hoped.

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 11:39pm
post #20 of 31

hi gemini icon_biggrin.gif , i might be wrong but it sounds like even tho the article was about you and your cookies (didn't read it, i'm in tx) that she might have been trying to get a bit of attn. icon_confused.gif otherwise why not use the pics of your cookies?? unless she was trying to show how ez it might be, but even with that, she should have posted one of yours along with the one she did. i am just annoyed thumbsdown.gif that the person did that to you and didn't post your pic of your cookies. cuz they are super awesome thumbs_up.gif !! and obviously she didn't do them thumbsdown.gif justice. not trying to be negative, but your work is so great is all. icon_biggrin.gif sorry it didn't go the way it should have. your still great at what you do icon_biggrin.gif gemini!!! and she isn't!! icon_lol.gif at cookies or as a reporter. have a happy new year!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

angelatx Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:27am
post #21 of 31

hi again gemini, i seen the article and i see that she did post a pic of yours, but the one she made is a HIlarious!! how can you go so wrong with a pic of it to see. its really fun! have a happy new year!!!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:46am
post #22 of 31

Do you have a link to the article? I would love to see it! Congrats Gemini on the well-deserved publicity!

angelatx Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:55am
post #23 of 31

hi yankeegal, i hope its ok that i post it. gemini hadn't put the link. here it is.... http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3945&u_sid=10510156
happy new year everyone!!!!

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:09am
post #24 of 31

Congratulations, Gemini! Thank God she posted a copy of your cookies, b'cuz her's did not do your cookies any justice. Also, pls. send me the details regarding your cutters. I've been admiring them for a while.

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:10am
post #25 of 31

I just saw the article. That lady (the author) should be ashamed of herself and that cookie! LOL My goodness...I try to stay on the positive about people's creations, but good heavens! She had the nerve to cut a gingerbread man cookie in half, then put the feet back on with the marshmallows. Even a blind person would be able to see that there is a huge and distinct difference between hers and gemini's cookies!
Hers looks like the stay-puffed marshmallow man lost a lot of weight and is carrying his excess "marshmallow fat" in his lap! LOL
I'm sorry you guys...I just can't resist! Please don't think I'm mean, cuz you know you're probably laughing...cuz it's funny!!! icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

Gemini...congratulations for being put in the paper. Your cookies are awesome!

angelatx Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:45am
post #26 of 31

hi, i just want to say i didn't reply to this and say what i said to make it into a negative. i'm sorry if it came off that way. i shouldn't have made fun of that ladies cookie, cuz we all have to learn someway and my cookies aren't all that fantastic. so i am sorry. gemini still rocks tho!! icon_smile.gif

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:57pm
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelatx

hi, i just want to say i didn't reply to this and say what i said to make it into a negative. i'm sorry if it came off that way. i shouldn't have made fun of that ladies cookie, cuz we all have to learn someway and my cookies aren't all that fantastic. so i am sorry. gemini still rocks tho!! icon_smile.gif

Angela...don't feel guilty, sweetie. You already said in your previous post that you weren't trying to be negative. I don't think anything you said was negative. Bottom line is, Gemini's cookies seem easy to make, and that lady could've at least used the kit, to try to keep the idea/integrity of Gemini's cookies and that would've showed even better how anyone can do it.

angelatx Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:03pm
post #28 of 31

thnx jennifer!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif have a happy new year!! party.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 12:41pm
post #29 of 31

Thanks Angela & Jennifer for the nice comments! I hadn't been able to check the on-line article, and only saw the newspaper article that did not have my photo. My husband laughed and said the reporter's cookie looked like it had enormous breasts! I was bummed at first, but I've let it all go now. I just got back from a long trip to visit my parents, and it put things in perspective. Luckily, my dad is showing improvement with his new chemo drug, so we're all trying to stay positive that this will give him more time. I can't wait to catch up on what's been happening on CC!

angelatx Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 1:15pm
post #30 of 31

hi gemini, sorry to hear about your dad. when a parent gets sick it is so stressful. my dad had a major stroke this past june while vacationing in vegas and getting him home to tx was so difficult. he ended up being paralyzed all on his right side. he is almost 100 percent better and what a relief. he really pushed himself to get his movement back. so i truly know what its like to have a father ill. i sincerely hope your father does well with the chemo and that he gets all better. gee seems like their are so many people on here going through so much right now. how sad, but at the same time we all have each other on here. big hug!!!

Angela icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%