Bye-Bye, Cc. It Was Nice, But It's Time To Go.....

Lounge By Sugar_Plum_Fairy Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 10:49pm by CakesByJen2

Stefy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stefy Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:38am
post #31 of 44

Are you serious!!!! Talk about a diva.

As my coworkers say when one of us is being unreasonable (incredibly childish in this case) - PUT YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES ON AND GROW UP!!!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:11am
post #32 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy

As my coworkers say when one of us is being unreasonable (incredibly childish in this case) - PUT YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES ON AND GROW UP!!!

Is that in relation to my post or the thread in general?

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:43pm
post #33 of 44

Don't worry carolyn I think she is referring to the thread icon_smile.gif .

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 2:31pm
post #34 of 44

these type of announcements really get my panties in a bunch

i could start a new thread complaining about that, or i could just sit here with a wedgie

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 3:39pm
post #35 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

i could start a new thread complaining about that, or i could just sit here with a wedgie

icon_biggrin.gif LOLOL

Stefy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stefy Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 5:10pm
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

Quote:

Is that in relation to my post or the thread in general?

I was referring to the original post - she needs to get over herself

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 5:14pm
post #37 of 44

Lately ive been having the same problem. Yesterday I needed help NOW and posted a question, I worded the topic 3 different ways, bumped my posts, still no answers. I used to get about 5 responses within 15 minutes. I guess that's what happens when the community grows, like in a big city vs. a small town.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 5:23pm
post #38 of 44

not sure when you posted, but for most of the day, i couldn't even get on cakecentral...my browser would say it was "done", but yet the screen would be blank...maybe that's the reason your post wasn't responded to.

another thing: each time you post the same question worded differently, you are actually knocking yourself OFF the top of the list. make sure to put what type of help you need in minimal words in the heading...that way it definitely catches more eyes and tells us immediately if it's something we might be able to put our .02 in.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 7:04pm
post #39 of 44
Quote:

I was referring to the original post - she needs to get over herself

ok, I was beyond exhausted and for a few minutes I stared at your post thinking "me???"

I was going to say if it was me then we meet at the bike racks at 3:00 when school lets out and take ten paces and turn and draw icing bags. icon_lol.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 2:53am
post #40 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

Over at the message boards at Weight Watchers, getting your panties in a bunch is called "wadding" and people who get their panties in a bunch are called "wadders".

They'll be like "Oh, that Minivixen is wadding again, someone asked about weight gain and their time of the month. icon_biggrin.gif " LOL

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 3:06am
post #41 of 44

According to the join date in your profiles most of you joined after the revamp of the site. A long while back there would be rows and rows of cakes that had been uploaded. It was nice because you could glance through the thumbnails and pick several that you wanted to look at closer and leave comments or ask questions. Now it is harder to see the most recent uploads except for the very few on the home page and most of us don't take the time to look for the others. There was much ado when the change was made and so many of us asked for the old format because the comments were not be made as before. Not sure what is happening with the replies. I, too, hardly ever get many replies even when I am asking for Help asap. That is okay. I know everyone is busy (and FYI I did do many searches using various words and didn't find the answer). I was disappointed when one of last posts was a prayer request for a one year old. There were very few that took time to post a reply but many more viewed it. This little girl truly needs prayers so as I did in the past I posted asking for them. All that I am saying is that it IS different here from what it was a while back. I really don't want any negative comments telling me to get a thicker skin. Mine is plenty thick thank you so if you feel you must go ahead. Something else that was common in the past was when someone like this says she is leaving everyone wished her luck and welcomed her to come back instead of jumping on her for being too sensitive. As you can see she has posted thousands of posts and help at least that often. I say we say thank you for all of her participation, I will miss you and I hope you will come back sometimes. Why make it a bitter exit where she won't feel welcomed back should she decide to drop in and say hello.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 7:47pm
post #42 of 44

I have not been able to get on the site very often lately, and when I do actually make it, the page often freezes and I must leave.

Also on the 'bumping your own posts' - If I see the thread has 3 or 4 posts on it (especially if the last post is the originator), I assume your question has already been answered. If it was just the original single post, I would click and see if I could help.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 8:17pm
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzycakes

It seems that whenever this site has serious down time problems, someone gets offended and wants to leave!!

Agree.

I find it ironic that the OP feels that others are being somewhat inconsiderate by not responding to her thread as quickly as she thinks they should.

But I feel the OP is being inconsiderate for not bearing in mind that the site is being revamped, that there are server issues going on, that folks can't get onto the site as quickly. Even I, The Queen of Posts on here, actually do work during the day and I don't live on CC 24/7 (funny as that sounds, I know! icon_lol.gif )

I just don't understand the whole prima-donna thing about stomping your foot, sticking out your bottom lip and stomping off into the sunset just because people didn't pay attention to YOU as fast as you thought they should. And the reason cited is usually an accusation about some conspiracy about ignoring "their" posts specifically. Oh, brother! dunce.gif It makes me smile in amusement at the perceived level of importance some people have about themselves.

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 10:49pm
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Quote:

Even I, The Queen of Posts on here, actually do work during the day and I don't live on CC 24/7 (funny as that sounds, I know! icon_lol.gif )

What?? icon_eek.gif You don't?? How else do you hold the record for # of posts? icon_confused.gif

I have to say, these threads strick me as silly, too. This is such a large community, and so many posts, some times they get lost in the crowd, or there just doesn't happen to be anyone with expertise on the boards at the time. Sometimes I haven't gotten much response, and while it might be disappointing, it's nothing to pout about. I don't get being so worked up about whether people comment on your cakes or not. There are so many cakes in the galleries, who has time to look at them all. If the community is too large for your tastes, and you want something more intimate and choose to move on, fine, but why have to make such an announcement?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%