Bye-Bye, Cc. It Was Nice, But It's Time To Go.....

Lounge By Sugar_Plum_Fairy Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 10:49pm by CakesByJen2

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
43 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 11:47pm
post #2 of 44

It says the topic or post does not exist... whats going on?

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 44

No..you can't leave. Give it some time things have to get worse before they get better right?! There are times when I post something and I'll get a bunch of people who read it but no one responds. There are times when i post something and regret it because too many people are sensitive to certain things. But i keep on truckin'! Hang in there!

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:00am
post #4 of 44

I'm not sure what's going on with this particular topic because the link in the original post no longer exists. Sooo... I can only speculate that it may have something to do with responses, or a lack of? Sugar_Plum_Fairy, you have spent a lot of time here, sharing lots of good advice. Not sure what happened, but it'd be a shame for you to leave. However, if you must say farewell, then I wish you all the best! icon_smile.gif

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:07am
post #5 of 44

Please dont leave over this. Think about it for a while. I dont get comments a lot of the times and when I start a post it may get a few comments and I have to keep bumping it to even get a response. I think that the glitches havent been worked out yet and it can be very frustrating. I know when I came on her to get some info one day I couldnt even get in. It happens to all of us. Dont worry about leaving comments on photos for now until everything is fixed. Thats what I'm doing for now. Hang in there. It will get better. And as for comments being left on your photos it happens to almost all of us. I have like one or two comments on each cake and it hurts but I dont do it for the comments. I do if for my customers. And people dont always respond to my post. I know I started a brownie forum and it was like pulling teeth to even get a comment. Then it sucks that I see post on here that are kind of annoying and they have all these comments and go on forever. oh well. Dont leave! I will miss seeing your smiling face.

Karema

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 3:04am
post #6 of 44

I'm surprised! icon_surprised.gif I'm not sure what caused you to feel this way. But you've been at CC for a long time so I'm sure you know all the ins and outs of what goes on here. I've always thought of you as one of the regulars. Someone who gives great advice and is always willing to share.

When I first joined, it seemed like I saw your posts much more often than I have lately. You've been missing, so I just figured you were very busy with your own life. It's been great to see you again recently! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

It would be very sad to loose all the expertise and talent you have to contribute! Not just that but also the 'cyber friendship' we feel with you. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I hope you'll reconsider.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:27pm
post #7 of 44

Hey...dont go!! You know I have been wanting to put a link to a youtube documentary that I believe is important to share..I posted it 3 times and the entire post was deleted all three times. I then posted a question in the guidelines in the lounge saying am I doing something wrong, guess what- my question was deleted...okay I get the message not saying I like it but I get it..so stay for the fun and le tthe rest go!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 44

. . . I don't understand what has happened here . . . with the link "missing" I have no idea why you would be leaving . . . you have always been a very positive influence and presence on this site . . . please reconsider . . .

ImageImage

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 9:40pm
post #9 of 44

Grace... I can't see whatever post you linked to above. are you saying you're leaving? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Not NJCDC too, right?

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 9:54pm
post #10 of 44

Can somebody please tell me what's going on? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I'm lost as usual..................... icon_redface.gif

Grace, I don't know what happened but, I hope you'll reconsider and come back to CC. Maybe you just need a "CC vacation" icon_smile.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 12:38am
post #11 of 44

Thanks so much for the kind words. I realized (when I was looking up one of the recipes in my "box" here and noticed I received two PM's) that apparently my link isn't working and that it's probably my own stupid fault because it's a link to a Member's Only section.

Here's what it says (the first and second posts - both by me):

The first one: Is anyone else having trouble leaving comments under gallery photos? I've been perusing the photos and leaving some comments and they don't seem to be showing up. Even in the 'uncommented section' I left comments on at least eight cakes and when I refreshed my page to see if that would help, it didn't work. The cakes are still there and my comments are nowhere to be found except in my memory!

Is there a problem that I'm unaware of or am I losing my marbles? (Please be kind.)

The second one: Okay, I posted this a few hours ago and still nothing as usual. Between things not working correctly (yes, I realize there are new servers and uploads and downloads going on), and the fact that it seems like this whole past year whenever I post a question or comment it takes a few days to even get a view, let alone an answer, I'm seriously thinking of packing it in here.

I've always loved this site and community, but talk about feeling like an outsider..........lately I not only don't get comments on photos (again, I understand that due to the sheer volume of people and photos, that happens occassionally), but it seems as if every post I ever make goes unnoticed, too.

Well, CC, it was nice while it lasted, but I think it's time for me to move on to greener pastur.....frosting.

That post got three responses (one of them my own) and about 8 views the first day. It's just typical of the past year or so. I feel as though every time there's a question, problem or interesting post I always do my best to answer it, but more often than not, if I need help or post something that I feel is relavent, 97% of the time I get maybe one or two responses and about four to eight views. I really don't feel as if I'm part of a community here. I KNOW there are a ton of people and I'm trying not to take it personally, but after such a long time and having contributed quite a bit, I feel as if I'm just not a part of this community, but rather an outsider. I get a lot more feedback and answers, etc. from other sites and though this site might have a lot more info. floating around, I'm tired of feeling slighted.

For those of you that took the time to PM and reply, thank you so much. I really do appreciate it! But, at least for now, I need to go where I feel my input is of some value and when I need help, I know I can usually get it within a reasonable time and not have to ask three or four times before it happens.

Stephanie (Stephaniescakesnj), I will still be very active at the NJCDC. As a matter of fact, I will posting very soon some upcoming workshops that I'll be organizing in the new year. And I'm as active as time allows with the NY Club, too. As a matter of fact I just took that Sushi cake class with Elisa Strass this past Tuesday. Also, one of the Assistant Organizers, Jessie, is trying to work something out with Elisa now for the coming year, so NJ might be offering a class with her too!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 12:58am
post #12 of 44

Hiya Grace,

I was so shocked to see this post. I consider you a "regular" here and it would sadden a lot of us to see you go. Perhaps a break from CC may be in order. If you do decide to leave I wish you all the best and hope I will run into you again somewhere in the cyberworld...

Parm

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:55am
post #13 of 44

I know exactly how you feel. Alot of times I post questions and routinely either get no response or only one person responds. That's why I make it a point to search unanswered posts so everyone feels like they're included and if I can help out, then I at least feel like I've contributed. The site has been so hit or miss lately, it's hard to get on the forums and impossible to leave comments (althought my comment on your turkey made it icon_biggrin.gif ). I haven't even been loading my pics lately because I don't have the patience to fuss with it. I know sometime soon they'll have it all worked out... we just need to wait it out. I'll see you Sunday... I'm determined to finally conquer the topsy turvy, I'm not going down without a fight this time! And I'm glad you'll still be involved with the other clubs.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:39am
post #14 of 44

I'll miss you Grace icon_cry.gif

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 5:18am
post #15 of 44

I wish you wouldn't go. You are one of the familiar, friendly, helpful faces I look forward to seeing in threads.

The online world works this way, no matter where you go. If the site is big and ever growing, it is just gonna be this way. I wish you wouldn't take it personally. I often don't get responses to my questions and I understand that it is really easy to get lost in the shuffle. I just ask again until I get an answer!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 7:09am
post #16 of 44

There are thousands of members here, each with his/her own agenda. If you don't get photo comments or have unanswered posts it surely doesn't mean that everyone is out to get you, or that you aren't popular (I mean, how old are we here? Eight, nine......??). With all the members here and the amount of posts per day (must be hundreds), things are bound to get lots in the shuffle.

Anyway, people who always feel the need to 'announce' that they're leaving an internet forum rarely do just that. They are looking for drama, and need the validation of others saying *oh no, please don't go, you'll be missed*, etc.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 7:49am
post #17 of 44

. . . I'm pretty sure I am the "Queen of the Thread Killers" . . . don't know how many times I post and all I hear is the charming chirping of crickets . . .

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

. . . and as for comments . . . (granted, I haven't posted many photos) . . . you can pretty much count on one hand the comments I have had . . .

. . . sorry you have taken it personally . . . I'm sure no one meant any offense . . . you have been a positive influence to be sure . . . and many of us will miss your smiling face . . . chin up . . .

and chances are it's time for the crickets to roll in again . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ImageImage

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 7:58am
post #18 of 44

No!!! The crickets are mine! I am definitely the queen threadkiller.

I am sorry that the original poster hit her limit, between the site problems and the perception that she was being ignored, though.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:11pm
post #19 of 44

It seems that whenever this site has serious down time problems, someone gets offended and wants to leave!!

For me, when the site is having trouble and I actually am able to get in, icon_eek.gif I only click on threads that I think I may be able to give or get info from because usually the site will go down before I can get to page 2 anyway! It's so easy to get frustrated, especially when you NEED some help, but you've just gotta be patient until they get things back on track.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 11:44pm
post #20 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

...Anyway, people who always feel the need to 'announce' that they're leaving an internet forum rarely do just that. They are looking for drama, and need the validation of others saying *oh no, please don't go, you'll be missed*, etc.

This is exactly what I was thinking, but I wasn't going to say it. Sometimes my posts and photos go unnoticed, but I don't take it too personal. That's life. Sometimes it takes days to get a post answered. If I need info pronto, I call or stop by my local cake supply store. They all know their products very well and are a great asset.

Cake central is a free service. I am grateful it is here. When it is down, I may be disappointed, but I just come back when it's up and running.

Yes, I've gotten emails that a photo comment has been left. I click on the photo and there's no comment. I'm disappointed, but no biggie. I make something that I think is great but it never makes the "popular" front page section, no biggie. I guess I just don't understand when people take everything so personal.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 11:50pm
post #21 of 44

When it comes to CC....I've always thought the positives out way the negatives by a landslide!!

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:19am
post #22 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonisthegreek1

This is exactly what I was thinking, but I wasn't going to say it. Sometimes my posts and photos go unnoticed, but I don't take it too personal. That's life. Sometimes it takes days to get a post answered. If I need info pronto, I call or stop by my local cake supply store. They all know their products very well and are a great asset.

Yes, I've gotten emails that a photo comment has been left. I click on the photo and there's no comment. I'm disappointed, but no biggie. I make something that I think is great but it never makes the "popular" front page section, no biggie. I guess I just don't understand when people take everything so personal.

I agree 100%. I have been coming to CC for 2 1/2 years, there are people way better at this than I am but I come back because I enjoy the pictures, the posts, and the community. I don't get offended if my cakes only have the gallery commentors comments on it and no one saves them to their favorites page.

I've seen lots of posts like this and people come and go all the time. Its your choice to visit the sites you want to. I don't have any disillusionment that people will miss me if I don't come back here. Nothing personal, just a fact of the internet.

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:05pm
post #23 of 44

Frankly, I've always liked you and you're comments. You've always been helpful. But, honestly- I think this is more of a self-esteem problem and not a CC problem.
Not to sound like too much of a bit*h, but this goes for everyone. We're all adults here. If you feel left out because you don't get a response right away, Put on your big girl panties and deal with it. I have posted the same question in several of the different forums, and got no response. It was actually quiet important. I delt with it. I figured out how to do it myself. I have learned so much from this FREE site. And that is because of EVERY member here. I value everyones opinion and help. If you don't feel that way, and you're not greatful for what you've been given then that's sad. And maybe you have too much already. So, thank you CC and every member here for all the FREE advice and all the FREE education you have given me. I AM truley grateful. Because of what you've taught me I have been able to make extra money for my disabled husband and 2 young children. My children will have a christmas, and my electricity is still turned on. Thank you,I have love for you all.

(stepping off my premenstral filled soap box now)

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:33pm
post #24 of 44

Drama, drama, drama.

I do think you're taking the situation personally when nothing on the Internet can be taken too personally.

If you're asking questions without running a search first, and those questions have already been asked and answered many times over, it's no wonder those questions go unanswered....or a lot of time passes before someone does answer. Just like the poster who wrote, "I want to make a gingerbread house but never have. How do I?" I'm like, "DAYUM, have you ever heard of GOOGLE? Or the freakin' search button?"

But if you're leaving comments in threads and nobody is backing you up going, "Yeah, what she said," well, what's wrong with that?

I don't think you really want to leave because if you did, you'd just disappear like many others have without making an announcement. Stick around. Grow a thicker skin. Use the search feature. Remember that this is just the Internet. icon_smile.gif

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 6:44pm
post #25 of 44

I have to agree with a lot of what's been said here regarding growing thicker skin. I am always amazed at what a touchy subject commenting on photos is around here. I do think many people around here take it as a bit of a popularity contest or validation that they did good work. As far as those who feel it necessary to announce that they are leaving a message board or forum, I just don't get that. Why announce it? You know you're not leaving if you announce it because you want to come back and read the responses. Maybe it's better to just say it like it is, which is something like "hey everyone, i'm feeling really left out here and I need someone to tell me they like me and that I'm valued here because I need that or I don't feel important enough."

I don't mean to be harsh, but the amount of incredibly wonderful, helpful, and caring people in this community is amazing. I get a little irritated when the site is down or having problems, sure. But I am also extremely grateful to have such an amazing resource in this site. I've learned more and gotten more inspiration from the photos, helpful tips, articles, and how-to posts than I ever could have gotten from any one place in such a short amount of time. I don't think you have to be top dog or be on a first-name basis or have everyone know your name to be important here. I also don't use CC as my only source of learning how to do something or asking a question. As someone stated before, the internet is a huge tool in learning and gathering information. If I can't find my answer here by searching old threads, then I immediately go to Google and search and always find help through one of those avenues.

I love CC and even with all the technical problems lately, I cannot imagine leaving this wonderful community and missing out on vast amount of help and inspiration here just because I didn't get the responses I wanted on some posts or comments on some photos. I can't say enough how wonderful I think this community is and thank Jackie and Heath for providing this site for us all. They do an amazing job. I also wish I could thank each and every person here for just being part of it because we all make it great by having the amount of members here that we do and because everyone so freely gives and shares the information and photos for all of us to learn from.

Monkess Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 9:07pm
post #26 of 44

Oh well...you seem to have gottne a earful now havent you- not entirely misdirected, you really did have it coming..but chin up, you know we all have fun here..so hang on to all the good things and let the bad things go!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:41am
post #27 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflydreams

. . . I'm pretty sure I am the "Queen of the Thread Killers" . . . don't know how many times I post and all I hear is the charming chirping of crickets . . .

. . . and as for comments . . . (granted, I haven't posted many photos) . . . you can pretty much count on one hand the comments I have had . . .

. . . sorry you have taken it personally . . . I'm sure no one meant any offense . . . you have been a positive influence to be sure . . . and many of us will miss your smiling face . . . chin up . . .

and chances are it's time for the crickets to roll in again . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ImageImage

My gosh, those darn crickets are hypnotic.

Monkess Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:39am
post #28 of 44

lol...true hypnotic and cute!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 2:24pm
post #29 of 44

Grace, I think I'd love to trade places with you! Instead of being ignored, my posts get picked apart and attacked! Lol!

Try not to take anything personally - even those that are actually TRYING to be rude aren't really important. There are those of us who do care - but just might not have the time to post as much as we used to (because we're busy planning the opening of our new bakery/cafe... Shhhhh....)

Hope all is well and that you aren't upset about anything that goes on here. After all, it's just the internet. icon_wink.gif

(Btw, it was great meeting you in vegas!)

-bb-

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:27pm
post #30 of 44

Speaking of the site being down... I got an e-mail the other day with the subject line "CC's still down, can you help"

Thankfully it was a quick easy resolution but I had to chuckle because even with CC down I was still about to be found.

The even funnier thing... I have no idea who their user name is here and I never asked.

I'm definately not a top poster, I'm definately more of the newer kid on the block here, and I'm far from the best we have. So to find me off site when it was down just cracked me up.

I didn't think I was "popular" enough or known enough here to be a "go to person". I think that cracks me up even more. I'm just a girl in small town Oregon who likes to bake and decorate cakes and teach others how to do it to feed my family.

Oh and by the way... I've had plenty of chicket chirping posts myself both in replies and in thread creations. We all do. No one single person is singled out here and targeted to feel unwanted or chased away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%