Can I Freeze Cookies With Ri?

Baking By 3boysmama Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 9:37pm by mom2x

3boysmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3boysmama Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 5:55pm
post #1 of 8

Can I freeze NFSC with RI? how about buttercream?

Thanks!

7 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 8

I freeze with royal all the time.. wrap them up good and tight, let them thaw in the package they are in.. and you should be fine.

Buttercream???... not sure... I would think you could because I know of people here who have frozen a decorated cake before.. I just don't know how you would wrap and seal well without messing up the buttercream...

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 8

You can freeze cookies decorated with rolled buttercream. I just thawed some that were frozen for a few weeks, they were wonderful!

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for asking, I've always wanted to know.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 8

So the RI doesn't melt after it thaws?

mom2x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2x Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 8

With repsect to wrapping up cookies with RI, what do you wrap it in? Also, how long does it take to thaw?

Thanks.

Karen

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:41pm
post #7 of 8

put them in a single layer on a cookie sheet, put parchement paper over top of the cookies, then another layer of cookies if necessary and repeat if necessary. Then just wrap the whole cookie sheet up with several layers of plastic wrap and then several layers of heavy duty aluminum foil.......they'll be perfectlly fine. As far as how long to thaw? Several hours, your best bet is to just take them out the day before you need to handle them and stick it on the counter and leave it there for 24 hrs. wrapped up still. After that, you should be fine.

mom2x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2x Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 9:37pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much!

Karen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%