Colorflow Question.

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 12:53am by kakeladi

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 7

I have not worked much with ColorFlow so I am not too familiar with how it behaves. How will it hold up in the fridge? I have made some lettering in ColorFlow which is to go on a cake which needs to go in the fridge. The cake will be picked up tomorrow but the party is not until Saturday. If I put the letters on right before pick-up will it be OK in the fridge overnight? The letters will be placed on fondant, not buttercream.

6 replies
BakingGirl Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 7

Anyone?

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 7

Should be fine. As long as it doesnt get any condensation on it. Then it might break down the icing and cause either cracking or discolorations. If the cake is fondant I wouldnt refrigerate it with it. I would but keep it in a cool place.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 7

I used color flow in my cake decorating class, did not store it in the fridge, I left it out, but I think it should be alright in the fridge. Maybe you should make one extra letter, and test it and see what happens that is if you have the time. or you may also get a reply from someone who used it a lot shortly, hope it works for you good luck

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 7

Personally I wouldn't put the color flow on before you put it in the fridg...in my experience any moisture will "melt" the piece and could cause a mess once the cake is out of the fridge and coming back to room temp.

If possible, wait as long as you can before you put it on.

JMO

BakingGirl Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 7

The filling is perishable so the cake has to be refrigerated. I refrigerate my fondant cakes, not a problem as long as they come to room temp under a fan. I will give the customer the same instruction when she picks up the cake since she is picking the cake up the day before the party.

I am just going to have to hope that the Colorflow pieces will survive one night in the fridge.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:53am
post #7 of 7

Not a great ideaicon_sad.gif They are very small pieces so the chance of a problem is great. I definately would not apply those letters until you take it out of the frig.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%