Looking For Holiday Tins

Decorating By msdmom Updated 6 Dec 2008 , 2:51am by msdmom

msdmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msdmom Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 8

I am looking for holiday tins that are food safe not too expensive , sizes 8, 9 and 10 inches to hold holiday cakes that I would like to give as gifts since I am not currently working ... I am looking for some that are not too expensive if anyone could direct me to a website I would appreciate it...Thanks

7 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 8

Someone on here suggested the dollar tree.. so I went over there and they do have some cute ones! I also decided to check big lots. They have them.. they are just a bit more expensive than the dollar tree..but there is definitely a lot more variety!
Goodluck! If you find something better, let us know!

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 8

Also, Walmart!

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 8

I also saw them at Dollar Store, Walmart. For Halloween I found some clean plastic to go containers and put cookies and cupcakes in and then wrapped with ribbon and a bow and put a little tag on each one. They were really cute and very cheap. Also getting white boxes and decorating them is an idea.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 8

i bought disposable ones from L.T.D. a mail order/catalog company, similar to a.b.c. imagine the to go boxes from the chinese box that are aluminum and have the edges that crimp over the flat lid...they're exactly like those, but the lid has a holiday design on it.

i think i paid $5 for each pack, i bought two, and each of them have 25 tins...half are square and approximately 8 inches long and the other half is approximately 4 or 5" long and rectangular.

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 3:32pm
post #6 of 8

Ok i know you are looking for the tins but i thought i would make a suggestion, they make the Chinese food take out containers that are decorated for the holidays. I purchased some at walgreens one year and they came 3 to a pack. or you could get some plain ones i have seen them in many colors with nothing on them at micheals and you could decorate them yourself.

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 8

I don't know if you have a family dollar but they have them as well.
good luck

msdmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msdmom Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:51am
post #8 of 8

thanks everyone...will check on them

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%