Another Kitchen Aid Concern... Help

Decorating By maimai16 Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 5:24pm by SILVERCAT

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 7:43am
post #1 of 8

i have a 5 qrt KA. and i got a big order of cookies. is it ok to X 5 a cookie recipe? has someone tried this before? any tips? icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
sillychick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillychick Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 8:35am
post #2 of 8

don't know if it helps, but I have a 6qt and it's flour capacity is 14 cups (I Think!). So it would need to be less than that for a 6qt. It would help to know what the total cups of flour would be for 5 batches of your cookie dough? KA has a website with forums that are full of helpful info about things like this!

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 9:02am
post #3 of 8

hmmm... my recipe calls for 2 cups of flour so X 5 = 10 cups... its still under the requirements of your 6qts... hehehe thanks a lot sillychick =)

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 8

don't forget the other ingredients when you figure capacity Like the sugar and how many eggs and shortening... make sure you allow plenty of room to cream the sugar and butter.

craftycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftycakes Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 8

I also think my mixer can hold more than it does!!! It can get quite messy! Maybe do 2 batches at a time.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 8

It would depend on how large the amounts are in your recipes.
I can only make 2 cookie recipes at a time in my 5 qt. KA, especially if it has a lot of add-ins like nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, etc.
I can mix 3 recipes in my 7 qt. Viking.
I just want everything to mix well. icon_biggrin.gif

-Debbie B.

sillychick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillychick Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:21am
post #7 of 8

Duh...Come to think of it, I can only double my cookie recipe in my 4.5qt and it is a tight squeeze. Only thing I can think of that might help with quantity is that I use a large bucket (3 gallon, I think? Maybe 5) and make one batch right after the other and put all the dough in my bucket and get all my dough made first before I ever even bake one batch. I mean, since you are using all the same ingredients and doing them all in succession, you don't have to wash your bowl and beater between each batch, that does help save some time. Guess you probably already know all that though!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 5:24pm
post #8 of 8

I make a double batch of chocolate chip cookies in my 4.5 quart mixer and there is plenty of room until I add the chocolate chips, but I manage! My recipe calls for 4.5 cups of flour but you do have to consider the other ingredients too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%