Can You Decorate With This Tipe Of Icing?

Decorating By diana83 Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 2:41am by diana83

diana83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diana83 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:13am
post #1 of 7

i'm getting ready to make a cake for my f.i.l. and i was wondering if you can decorate with swiss merengue buttercream, and color it too? i'm going to use a star tip, and will go good with chocolate cake?

6 replies
diana83 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:22am
post #2 of 7

no one yet? thanks for looking

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:26am
post #3 of 7

Yes - you can decorate and colour it! If you are doing a lot of piping have two icing bags going at the same time because it tends to melt if you have hot hands. You can refrigerate briefly to chill the bags but don't forget about them or they will become rock hard like cold butter.

HTH

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:27am
post #4 of 7

Yes - you can decorate and colour it! If you are doing a lot of piping have two icing bags going at the same time because it tends to melt if you have hot hands. You can refrigerate briefly to chill the bags but don't forget about them or they will become rock hard like cold butter.

HTH

diana83 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:34am
post #5 of 7

i'm pretty new at this but, can you smooth this icing with the viva towel or something like that? will it look as smooth as b/c?

Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:37am
post #6 of 7

Swiss meringue does not crust like an icing made with shortening so you can't you a paper towel or anything like that because it will stick. I think you can use the hot knife method though and get it pretty smooth.

diana83 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:41am
post #7 of 7

Thank you lots!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%