Who Ville Cake And Colors

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 12:55pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 4

Hey to all finally got to get on here to post a question Had a hard time on the web site.
Im to do an cake with the colors of Who ville you know on how the Greech stole Christmas . any ways im thinking of taking the top cake which i think is going to be a 6in and trying to slant it like a topsy turvey cake and the bottom is a 12in i know big difference but she wants me to add some funky green and red christmas balls around it so i will have enough room for them to lay on it. im thinking of making something shooting out of the top cake like some presents on a wire that are the green and reds can i do this and would it be a gamble since i havent done a topsy turvy cake???? are there any rules to slanting ? any more suggestions out there?? Im open to all.
Thanks to All

3 replies
cakebaker1957 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker1957

Hey to all finally got to get on here to post a question Had a hard time on the web site.
Im to do an cake with the colors of Who ville you know on how the Greech stole Christmas . any ways im thinking of taking the top cake which i think is going to be a 6in and trying to slant it like a topsy turvey cake and the bottom is a 12in i know big difference but she wants me to add some funky green and red christmas balls around it so i will have enough room for them to lay on it. im thinking of making something shooting out of the top cake like some presents on a wire that are the green and reds can i do this and would it be a gamble since i havent done a topsy turvy cake???? are there any rules to slanting ? any more suggestions out there?? Im open to all.
Thanks to All

Any One!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 4

I think there is a tutorial on here about doing a topsy turvey/mad hatter cake - I have never done one, but I know that there is 2 ways to do it - one is where you acutally carve/cut the cake to slant - the other is using a dummy that is slanted and placing the cake on that - I think that is the preferred method b/c its much more stable.

I think it would be so cool to have something coming out of the top of the cake - I like the presents on wires or you could do a chimney with the christmas tree sticking out, like in the book/movie....

I would L-O-V-E to see your pics when you get done!! super cute!!

cakebaker1957 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 12:55pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

I think there is a tutorial on here about doing a topsy turvey/mad hatter cake - I have never done one, but I know that there is 2 ways to do it - one is where you acutally carve/cut the cake to slant - the other is using a dummy that is slanted and placing the cake on that - I think that is the preferred method b/c its much more stable.

I think it would be so cool to have something coming out of the top of the cake - I like the presents on wires or you could do a chimney with the christmas tree sticking out, like in the book/movie....

I would L-O-V-E to see your pics when you get done!! super cute!!

Thank You i will try to find the tutorial, as far as pics i have never tried to down load any yet waiting to get high speed internet so it wont be so slow, Hope you have a great Holiday, Thanks so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%