How Much Would You Sell This Cake For???

Decorating By mygirlsmne Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 3:03am by kelleym

mygirlsmne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlsmne Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 5

Hey all! I made this cake as a gift for a friend of my mother's. Since I'm a newbie I was wondering how much some of you would sell this cake for? It's a 10 in round, covered in fondant. The plaque is gumpaste as is the mouse and bassinet. This is actually the first time I've ever done a cake like this, I think it came out alright considering....thanks for any input you can give!!! icon_cool.gif Oops, my pic is too big, you can look at my photo's it's the mouse baby shower cake! TFL

4 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 5

If it's the first cake in your photos, then first of all: stunning and lovely. Secondly, I would have charged $4/serving * 30 servings, plus $30 - $40 for the bassinette/plaque/flowers/mouse. So around $150. icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 5

Awww....very cute!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 1:48am
post #4 of 5

Very nice work!

It appears to me that is a single layer 10 so that would yeild 15 servings = $25 plus maybe $10 for the decorations.
If flowers were be done in b'cream w/o changing the overall look would you charge for every b'cream rose you put on a cake?
I mean just because you choose to use fondant/gp why should the customer pay thru the nose for it? If this were an all b'c cake what would you charge??

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:03am
post #5 of 5

I assumed it was a double layer cake, but $25 for 15 servings is $1.66/serving. icon_eek.gif This is just not an acceptable price (to me) for this work of art. It barely covers the ingredients and supplies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%