Update-I Really Stink At This!

Baking By rocketmom1985 Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 11:19am by TracyLH

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 3

Well, I have finished up the second batch of Signature Sweet Shoppe cookies. I don't like this recipe, I found that it spread a bit and then produced ragged edges on my cookies, maybe due to it being all butter...but then again it could be the baker icon_smile.gif ! I used the suggested lemon extract and it just didn't impress the cookie tasters or the baker. I took all the suggestions from my last whiny post and had much better success. Thank you to all who made such great suggestions. I used larger cutters that arrived after the first batch was baked. I used Toba Garret's glace' icing which is great to work with. I also used squeeze bottles for the flooding and it made all the difference in the world not only to ease of use, but my hands didn't shake so much...I am old, what can I say? icon_redface.gif I also kept a finger on my hand and that helped with the shaking...a big thanks to whomever suggested that. I did a couple of things wrong...tried to do line work with the flood icing... icon_rolleyes.gif and will need to wait longer to let things dry. Overall, I think with practice I will get better...I have a ton of pictures I want to copy for practice. The bakers on this board are great inspiration and have such cool ideas. Thanks again everyone!

I posted a picture today, hope it shows up.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1291290.html

2 replies
TheToyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheToyLady Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:28am
post #2 of 3

thumbs_up.gif I think your cookies are awesome and I am inspired to make some!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 11:19am
post #3 of 3

I am glad it is working better for you! There are so many talented people here who are more than willing to help. Have fun with your next set!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%