Chocolate Panel

Decorating By farizahani Updated 1 Dec 2008 , 11:22pm by sugarshack

farizahani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farizahani Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 6

how do u make chocolate panels to decorate the side of a cake??i try to search but couldn't find any tutorial.

5 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 12:59am
post #2 of 6

Do you mean using chocolate transfers? You can see a few in my photos. You cut the acetate until it's the right height for the size of your cake. You pour melted chocolate onto acetate that's been decorated with colored cocoa powered, then let set to the point of still being pliable, but not hard. You wrap the chocolate around the cake and refrigerate until the chocolate is set, then peel off the acetate.

Jodie

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 4:35am
post #3 of 6

She might also be talking about those slab chunks that people layer around the outside of the cake, like big, thin candy bars layered around. However, I don't know how to actually make them icon_rolleyes.gif...I know I have seen instructions somewhere, but I cannot recall where (whether it's here on CC or on an external link)... I am sure it would help if we had the correct terminology lol.

farizahani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farizahani Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 9:17am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

She might also be talking about those slab chunks that people layer around the outside of the cake, like big, thin candy bars layered around. However, I don't know how to actually make them icon_rolleyes.gif...I know I have seen instructions somewhere, but I cannot recall where (whether it's here on CC or on an external link)... I am sure it would help if we had the correct terminology lol.

thanks for the reply,im sorry didnt explain it well.u are right ceshell,i meant how to make the big thin chunk chocolate to decorate around the cake.

this is some samples:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisamorriscakes/2990583223/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisamorriscakes/2550707390/

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 9:49am
post #5 of 6

melt your chocotale and spread it on strips of acetate.When it starts to get firm (not set) cut it into squares with a pizza cutter. If you polish the acetate with a soft dry cloth before pouring the chocolate on it gives that slabs a lovely sheen.
HTH

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 11:22pm
post #6 of 6

www.countrykitchensa.com might have some tuorials on this as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%