Strawberry Cheesecake Filling With No Refrigeration

Decorating By korensmommy Updated 2 Dec 2008 , 1:34pm by korensmommy

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone!
I am looking to make a strawberry cheesecake filling that does not need refrigeration.
Can I doctor up the cream cheese sleeved filling to make that taste like strawberry cheesecake? Anyone have another recipe?
Also, the cake is due the day after Christmas so I am looking for something very simple (have 2 small kids).
Thanks!

7 replies
paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 8

I've used the cheese cake flavored pudding made with pastry pride instead of milk. And I've add strawberries to pastry pride to get something like a strawberry mouse. Just whipped them up in it. I don't see why you couldn't do both. You have time to experiment and taste test it first.

korensmommy Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 8

Sounds good, thanks. Any suggestions for what else I would need to add to make it more 'cheesecake' flavored?

korensmommy Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 8

Sounds good, thanks. Any suggestions for what else I would need to add to make it more 'cheesecake' flavored?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 8

1 part sleeved strawberry filling, 2 parts icing, + as much Lorann Cheesecake flavoring as you want

korensmommy Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 8:32pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks, didn't know about the cheesecake flavoring--hopefully I can find it down here!

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 11:11pm
post #7 of 8

Why does it have to be non-refrigerated? If you mean unrefrigerated for a few hours, then I have this to offer: For easy and delicious filling, do what they do in all quality bakeries (certainly mine). We use our cheesecake (homemade of course) and add strawberries (or jam) to it and process briefly to make smooth. This works great for cake fillings and danish. Can't get any more cheesecake flavored than that - no artificial flavorings necessary.

korensmommy Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 1:34pm
post #8 of 8

bakingpw - sounds like what I would usually make but this cake is due the day after Christmas (I won't have room for it in the fridge) and she needs to pick it up in the morning and travel to the site for an evening wedding. I'm just not comfortable leaving a filling like that out for 24 hours.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%