Castle Cake "wall" Help Pls!!?

Decorating By twinkletoe21 Updated 30 Nov 2008 , 8:40pm by JenniferMI

twinkletoe21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinkletoe21 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 10:13am
post #1 of 3

hey everyone.. i hope someone can help me out with this "rookie" question. lolx

okey im about to make a princess castle cake and i was wondering how you put the wall? i mean.. do you cover the whole cake with fondant first AND THEN apply another layer of fondant whih of course will be the wall?.. or do you just put like the "stiff wall" straight to the buttercream covered caked? am i making an sense here?.. =( HELP pls?..

thank you much mcuh!!!

2 replies
beesting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beesting Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 10:57am
post #2 of 3

HI, you can do either of your suggestions, personally i would cover the cake in fondant ( assuming its going to be one colour) and then either score the sides of the wall to give you the effect you are wanting or layer another peice of fondant over the 'wall' section....like you suggested. there are lots of photos on this site that have 3D cakes covered in fondant, with seperate colours you can just do peices at a time.
I hope this makes sence.
good luck

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 3

I use a simple impression mat to make the brick wall work on a buttercream cake. If you want to see a pic of the castle wedding cake I made using this method, just e-mail me, I'm happy to share a pic. If you look in my pics I've posted, it's there. It's VERY EASY!!!

If you have any questions at all, please ask away!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%