Sugar Cookie Cake-Please Help!!

Decorating By Kaiah723 Updated 30 Nov 2008 , 1:19am by all4cake

Kaiah723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaiah723 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 7

My boyfriend's birthday is coming up next week and when I asked him what kind of cake he wanted he told me to just make him a huge sugar cookie but in like the shape of a cake. I was thinking about buying the sugar cookie mix (I think it's Betty Crocker? The one in the bag) because I dont have the time to make it from scratch. I guess my question is how would I bake this? Can I just put a whole bunch of suhar cookie mix in a greased cake pan? I have never done this before so I would realllyyyyyyy appreciate any help I can get! Also any ideas on some kind of frosting would be helpful too!! Thanks in advance!!!

6 replies
JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 7

ive honestly never made one like hes requesting.....but...

How about baking a bunch of sugar cookies and layering them, then frosting the sides and top to look like cake?

Or cake with layers of sugar cookies inside?

Just trying to be helpful. GL

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 7

ive honestly never made one like hes requesting.....but...

How about baking a bunch of sugar cookies and layering them, then frosting the sides and top to look like cake?

Or cake with layers of sugar cookies inside?

Just trying to be helpful. GL

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, just put all the cookie dough into your pan and bake it as you would cookie bars. Just don't lay it too thick; about 1/2". Let it cool a little before trying to get it out of the pan also to avoid breaking it, but don't let it get completely cool, or it will stick. Really, it sounds more difficult than it is. The packaged cookie dough will work fine.

For icing, I would just use your regular buttercream, and you can either spread it on with a spatula, or pipe on the bare cookie. For me, that's the better option. Spreading the entire cookie would be so incredibly sweet. HTH!

Kaiah723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaiah723 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 12:31am
post #5 of 7

Those are both really great ideas!! Thank you guys sooo very much!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 12:58am
post #6 of 7

If you want the cookie to be taller and more "cake" like, you can just bake two smaller rounds and layer them with some icing in between. I think that would be cute! If you are at all worried about sticking, you can lay down a circle of parchment paper on the bottom of your pan to help ensure a clean release, or use a springform pan if you have one.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 1:19am
post #7 of 7

I would make a large sugar cookie on a sheet pan and cut it into the shape of a cake and decorate it flat or make several and stack them with thin layers of icing between http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e389/geweaver/DSC_0030_3.jpg as suggested by PPs and decorate it http://www.cookiesbydesign.com/images/products/300/PC1.jpg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%