Tiered Cream Cheese Pound Anniversary Cake

Decorating By jackmo Updated 29 Nov 2008 , 2:05am by jackmo

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, my cousin wants a cream cheese pound cake for her 50th wedding anniversary. It will be a decorated tiered 12,9,6 cake. pound cakes are usually dense . How can i make this recipe more chiffon like? Thanks

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 12:07am
post #2 of 8

Well, if your cousin wants pound cake, why don't you just give him/her pound cake?

You don't make pound cake into chiffon cake. If you want chiffon cake, then make that. They are two extremely different processes.

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 12:19am
post #3 of 8

I recently made a pound cake for a party, I thought i wouldnt like it, but it was really good. I made cream cheese filling, and the recipe was called 5 flavor pound cake, you just use 5-7 different flavorings and it comes out extremely good! Let me know if you want the recipe.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 12:21am
post #4 of 8

God bless! 50th wedding anniversary? I'd say let her have whatever she wants and make it the best dang cake ever...they deserve it!

jackmo Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:15am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Well, if your cousin wants pound cake, why don't you just give him/her pound cake?

You don't make pound cake into chiffon cake. If you want chiffon cake, then make that. They are two extremely different processes.

Let me explain myself. Since a pound cake is very dense/heavy, i was wanting to make the cake lighter like adding baking powder.. She likes the taste. My worry is the guests. So , you are saying this will be fine for a wedding cake ? I haven't tried a pound cake for a tiered cake.

jackmo Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:18am
post #6 of 8

thanks for all your encouragement, dezzib27 will you please send me your reipe? My email addy is harvest5verizon.net. thanks!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 2:00am
post #7 of 8

pound cake is lovely for wedding/anniversary cake.

jackmo Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 2:05am
post #8 of 8

thanks leah!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%