Nfsc And Fondant Cookies - Shelf Life?

Baking By __Martha__ Updated 28 Nov 2008 , 9:04pm by __Martha__

__Martha__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Martha__ Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 11:10am
post #1 of 5

I am making some NFSC snowflakes decorated with fondant and royal icing (Antonia's) for a function next week.

Any idea how long these will keep? Can I also make some now for Christmas, and package them, or is it too early?

4 replies
lucia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucia Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 11:26am
post #2 of 5

I have made these a few times and I have made mine a week in advance and they have been fine. I have stored them in airtight containers or sometimes they have been individually packed in a cellophane bag.

I believe you can also freeze them - however I have not tried this.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Martha. I make NFSC with MMF all the time. As lucia says, they will last several days if they are either individually wrapped or layered between wax paper and stored in an air tight container. Yes, you can make and decorate them now and freeze for Christmas, again both ways. Just take them out of the freezer and let them sit in the container on the counter. I have kept them frozen for a month and they look and taste as good as if I had just done them. I am going to start my Christmas cookie baking on Monday icon_biggrin.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about this myself.

__Martha__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Martha__ Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 5

Linedancer and Lucia - thanks for your responses. I am going to try and freeze some of them and see what happens! Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%