Help! Ratio Of Coffee Creamer To Water In A Box Mix??!?!?!?

Baking By Ck41500 Updated 26 Nov 2008 , 8:19pm by Ck41500

Ck41500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ck41500 Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all, I know this is not a good time for asking a last minute ? but I need major help! I want to make a box mix and I remember reading lots of posts about subbing coffee creamer in for some (or all, that is my ? ) of the liquid to doctor it up. BUT I can't find a thing and I am a bit frantic! Is it all creamer to the water, or part water part creamer??

I am having cake and ice cream for ds's 2nd b-day the day after Thanksgiving. I wanted to have the cake done and frosted today so I could leave it until Friday morning to decorate. I didn't want to worry about it on Thanksgiving. Well I made a box of BC butter pecan cake (awesome) and it was my prettiest ever!! I lined the pan in parchment, did the wet towel wrap for a nice even crown! I was so proud! I went to flip it out of the pan and took a small chunk out of the side. Not bad, but no torting this one now, oh well. I let it cool and tried to flip it back over and 1/3 of the cake crumbled off! (in cleaning it up I found the middle not quite done) SO now I have to start over! I could have dh buy a new box on his way home, but I have a yellow cake mix and English Toffee Almond creamer and could just use that. Sounds yummy too, since the buttercream has it in it too.

TIA,
Ck41500

3 replies
bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 4

When I use creamer I substitute 1/2 of the water with creamer. In other words if the box calls for 1 cup water then I use 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup creamer. Works every time! And YES that yellow cake and English Toffee Creamer sounds YUMMY!

I just made a pumpkin bundt cake using spice cake mix; canned pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice Jello Pudding and Pumpkin Spice Creamer. I HOPE that tastes enough like pumpkin for them! LOL

Good Luck with this one!

Beth in KY

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 4

I have "played" with this, and find that using about 1/4 cup of the coffee creamer works well. Too much made my cakes crumble too much. And, I think the taste would be overwhelming. Just my opinion.

Ck41500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ck41500 Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks SO SO SO much! I am about to mix and bake!! I am gonna do the 1/4 cup creamer since the icing has the same flavoring... don't want to over do it!

Ck41500

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%