A Few Dog Hairs In Fondant..what's The Big Deal?

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 8:35pm by teachingmyself

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 5:01pm
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretb

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I also heard from a health inspector about one lady whose house had to be inspected three times before the level of dog hair in her candy was at acceptable levels!

There's an acceptable level for dog hair in candy?!?!?! I hope that level is ZERO!

I was going to say that but you beat me to it.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 6:34pm
post #32 of 36

That is just nasty about the poo on the floor. I'm sure she did notice it - she probably just didn't care! She's obviously not cleaning up if it's turned white.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 6:45pm
post #33 of 36

No pets allowed here.... (licensed)...I do have a large outdoor-only dog which the inspector said was okay.

Should be "No Suzy allowed" though as bad as I shed, even with my hair pulled back! I think hair gets on my shoulders or something and then falls down. I'm petrified one of these days I won't see it in time!

I knew a lady who got her wedding cake from a girl who did them from home, and she said her house was full of cats and cat hair. But she said the cakes were amazing.

No thanks! haha.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:01pm
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Should be "No Suzy allowed" though as bad as I shed, even with my hair pulled back! I think hair gets on my shoulders or something and then falls down. I'm petrified one of these days I won't see it in time!

OMG....no kidding!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:09pm
post #35 of 36

Shedding sweaters can be just as bad as shedding animals or humans! I have a couple of sweaters which I never wear while working now, as I once found myself picking little fibres out of my royal icing. I now only wear cotton garments which roll up to the elbow, plus an apron.

teachingmyself Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teachingmyself Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 8:35pm
post #36 of 36

Kitagirl - It happened to me icon_redface.gif Thank GOD it was a cake for the family and noone else. I just wanted to icon_cry.gif when my brother found it. Now I do my hair before I put my shirt on!! I am extremely paranoid about this now, I am constantly inspecting, wiping and washing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%