Any Decorators With Lupus?

Lounge By smbegg Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 5:07pm by tonedna

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:53pm
post #31 of 34

lupus is hereditary. That's why everyone should be tested for that or autoimmune diseases. Women are most likely to get it so it. Had I known all info before I would have adopted.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:18pm
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

lupus is hereditary. That's why everyone should be tested for that or autoimmune diseases. Women are most likely to get it so it. Had I known all info before I would have adopted.

Actually, is not necesarily genetic. I have lupus and Nobody in my family has it.
Edna

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:00pm
post #33 of 34

lupus does not have to be passed down hereditarily. In a lot of cases it is hereditary. My mom doesn't have it, but all her daughters do.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:07pm
post #34 of 34

My doctor said that even though the majority of people with lupus have a genetic backgroung for it, that sometimes in people that dont have that genetic background it could be that a combination in genes might have cause the right situation for the body to get it.. I dont know how exactlty, since I am no Dr. But thats what he said...yet typically, yes, it can be genetic.
There is another type of lupus cause by meds, Im not sure wich ones, but the body reacts and test like you have lupus, but as soon as you stop taking those meds, the lupus goes away. It has a name, I just cant remember it.
Edna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%