When Do You Put In Stick For Cookies On A Stick?

Baking By rocketmom1985 Updated 24 Nov 2008 , 8:40pm by panchanewjersey

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 2

I did a search and found a couple of ways to do this...some put the stick into the cookie on the cookie sheet and bake. They advised to make a thick cookie at least 1/4" thick. Another site said to put the stick under the cookie before baking, and kinda press the cooke around the stick a bit. Still another said to put the stick into the cooke as soon as they get out of the oven. I am confused. What is the best method to use? I just bought a wilton cookie on a stick pan and my first attempt was a toss...I didn't read the part that said to spray the pan first... icon_sad.gif . I used a sugar cookie recipe from Signature Sweet Shoppe from you tube and it got a thumbs down from my cookie eaters. My next batch will be the NFSC recipe.

Thanks

1 reply
panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 2

You do what works for you, however I put the stick on the sheet and put my cookie on top, push down slightly and bake. I have tried making thicker cookies but I found that the other method actually makes it a bit heavier and they fall off the stick quicker when making an arrangment.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%