Cake Balls

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 26 Nov 2008 , 2:26pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 2:20am
post #1 of 5

I want to make cake balls for Thanksgiving, I baked cakes on Friday, I leveled and decorated on Saturday night. I left the scraps inside tupperware tubs on my countertop overnight and now its sunday night. I need to know if they are still good after being left out all night in tubs, and if they will still be good to make for cake balls for Thursday, almost one week to the day I baked the cake .. any help is appreciated.

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 2:27am
post #2 of 5

Yes they are still good. Yes, they will be fine for cake balls for Thurs. I would mix up the centers & form the balls then refrig them until maybe Tues or Wed before dipping them.

TheCakerator Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 5

thanks kakeladi! I will mix them up later tonight if that should be ok ... I hope they turn out good, I did them once before but threw them away .. they did not even look edible!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 5

Just don't mix in very much liquid or b'cream. When I make them I usually don't have to add any extra - the cake is moist enough already icon_smile.gif The more you add the slimier(is that a word?) they
geticon_sad.gif The other thing I often do is let the balls sit uncovered in the frig overnight.

TheCakerator Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 5

thank you for the help! I was not able to get to them before today, I hope they will still turn out ok! I have relatives coming over for Thanksgiving and would love to set these out ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%