Need Secret Santa Ideas...any Funny Ideas???

Lounge By sweetcravings Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 8:05pm by GI

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 9

This is the first year my family is going to do a secret santa sort of thing for christmas. Each person will buy a gift in the 25.00range, wrap it...then we put all the names in a basket and pick out the first person's name...they get to pick whatever present they want in the pile..open it...and then the next person has the option of trading their gift with another person etc...

So i was hoping you all could give me some gift ideas. We have to buy one male, one female gift per couple. I would like to buy something that stirs up some laughter but is not so indecent that the kids can't see it. We are going to need some laughter this year as it will be the first christmas without dad. I want to try and lighten the mood.

Any ideas?

8 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 5:01am
post #2 of 9

This site has some silly things -- like pooping reindeer, or pooping snowman, or some silly thing that is not so young kids wouldn't get a laugh out of it.
http://www.wonderfullywacky.com/xmas.htm

We used to draw names, but then we had "treasure hunts" along with our names. So it was fun to see people running all over the house, going to their next clue, to go the next clue, and so on, till they found their gift. We had gifts hidden in dryers, closets, bath tub (no water!), showers, dirty clothese hamper icon_lol.gif , you get the idea.

Sometimes, a little twist on the opening part can be more fun than an actual funny gift!

Good luck!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 3:38am
post #3 of 9

Do you want funny gag gifts or funny practical gifts? How about footed PJ's with a flap. Bunny slippers. Very large remote control so that it doesn't get lost. (I see these at different stores)

GI Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 6:46am
post #4 of 9

I want one of those gigantic remotes for myself! I can't see the buttons anymore without reading glasses! icon_lol.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:37am
post #5 of 9

Saw the remote today at Hobby Lobby

GI Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 5:52am
post #6 of 9

They've got them at Wal-Mart, too.

You know, one year we got my FIL an alarm clock that had gi-nor-mous digital readout...not to be funny....but because he couldn't see! But it ended up being hilarious! icon_razz.gif

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 12:12pm
post #7 of 9

when I saw secret santa I thought of my sister, they had each pick a friend to be a secret santa for in one of her organizations in high school. She went to ross and bought a 2 dollar pair of HUGE ganny underware and wraped it up. I was funny.

~Alicia

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 7:04pm
post #8 of 9

OMG...this reminds me of what we did one year!

My husband owned a business so we threw a party for all the employees and spouses and we had everyone bring a "white elephant" gift.

My DH had an UNUSED toilet seat lid still in a box (it was one that had a soft vinyl type seat) and he cut a tiny slit in it and slid a $100 dollar bill in there. icon_biggrin.gif

One poor guy ended up with it...and of course NO ONE wanted to trade him for that! So he sat there the entire game with his toilet lid....I actually think he was a little bummed...until the game was over and my DH told him to "check out his toilet seat".

We told him to look really close and he finally noticed the slit in the seat and pulled out the $100 dollar bill!! You should have seen the faces of everyone in the place!!!

Of course you wouldn't have to do that amount but you could give a really crumby gift but hide something good in it...and reveal that at the end. icon_wink.gif

How fun!

GI Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 8:05pm
post #9 of 9

mocakes: heh heh, I did that one time. Only I had a little kid's toy, um, like a Mr. Potato Head. And I stuffed dollar bills into it...whatever our "maximum cash amount" was. Of course, ya, NO BODY wanted a Mr. Potato Head cuz the cash was hidden. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%