Any Idea's Or Cakes Photo's You've Seen?

Decorating By CocoaBlondie Updated 23 Dec 2008 , 2:35pm by CocoaBlondie

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 16

Hi Everyone, I was wondering does anybody have any idea's or cake photo's you've seen about a pregnancy announcement. My husband & I are currently 6 weeks pregnant. We would like to let all of our family know on Christmas. I thought it would be a good idea to bring a cake decorated for dessert that would break the good news. I'm drawing a blank on what to do though. I've done baby showers but I'd like to do a cake set apart from those designs. I'd appreciate any creative idea's Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

15 replies
CocoaBlondie Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 16

Oh, I forgot to mention we have a 3yr old son if that helps. icon_smile.gif

CocoaBlondie Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 16

Bump

Edibleart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edibleart Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 16

For the saying, you could do "Surprise...due to arrive on ______". I'm drawing a blank on the actual design ideas though...

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 16

What about doing two smaller versions of the 'baby-belly' cake. Put them side by side and have "This year" written in frosting under the left one (with a flat 'belly') and "Next year" written under the second one (with a very pregnant "belly").

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 16

You could buy or make out of gumpaste a little boy holding a baby next to a Christmas tree that says our family 2009

Misdawn Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 9:26pm
post #7 of 16

Even better...go with my idea above but put "Christmas 2008" under the first one and Labor Day 2009 under the second. Get the pun? Labor Day? That should be about the time you are due right?

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 9:35pm
post #8 of 16

Maybe a pea pod (with fondant baby) or a toddler holding a baby and "I'm going to be a big brother" as the inscription. When we told our family about being pregnant with our 2nd child, we had our 1st (2 at the time) wear a homemade shirt which read "I'm going to be a big brother" at a family gathering. We didn't say anything, and nobody noticed at first until finally we had him purposely show everyone his shirt.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 9:38pm
post #9 of 16

I really like the idea of the "big" brother holding the new baby. Or maybe big brother standing next to a bassinette. Congratulations to you and your husband.

SWEETBAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SWEETBAKES Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 10:23pm
post #10 of 16

Maybe you can do a cake with people on it representing your family (you, your husband, and son) with callouts and also have a callout coming from your belly saying something cute (I'll be here soon!, See you next year!, or something like that).

cakelady31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady31 Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 10:31pm
post #11 of 16

How about a gift box cake with a baby popping out of the top.? oR A Santa sack cake with the baby face peeking out of the top ? And I do mean a cutie one not a creepy realistic one icon_biggrin.gif You could make a gift tag with your family's name on it and have it for your table centerpiece.

CocoaBlondie Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 12:49am
post #12 of 16

Wow icon_biggrin.gif I love all the idea's Thanks they all sound wonderful. If anyone has anymore ideas please let me know. I like the idea to use the big brother theme in it icon_smile.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 10:16pm
post #13 of 16

Hope you are feeling well. Have you worked on your Christmas announcement cake yet? Please post pictures when you finish it. Merry Christmas and Congratulations!!!!

Misdawn Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 12:05am
post #14 of 16

Yeah...I'd like to see the cake too!

cre8ivemary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cre8ivemary Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 12:23am
post #15 of 16
CocoaBlondie Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:35pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks for thinking of me! I love the pregnancy test idea icon_lol.gif I'm hoping to get a cake done for Christmas. I have been so sick with this pregnancy. The nasuea last all day & is the worst at night. With my son I was sick in the morning then after that the rest of the day I was fine. I will be sure to show you the pics if I can get this done. Merry Christmas to you all hope your holiday is the best. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%