Website??

Business By lkoenig07 Updated 17 Dec 2008 , 2:06am by montanabaker

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 19

Hi all,
I'm attempting to make a website for my cakes. I'm just wondering what all of you guys used to make yours? I'm on www.webs.com right now & started doing one through there, but its just so confusing. THanks

18 replies
nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 19

I'm with yahoo, very happy with their service! icon_smile.gif

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 19

Yahoo here for me too. Very easy to use their sitebuilder, and easy to update, and inexpensive too.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 12:42am
post #4 of 19

Me 3!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 19

I love web.com. Easy and very reasonable with fab customer service.

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 19

Yahoo for me too. Ultra user friendly.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 8:41pm
post #7 of 19

I use freewebs......couldn't have been simpler to put together (though mine's not very fancy looking, but I like a streamlined look anyhow) I designed my own website using a template thing called "page breeze" all from scratch and then couldn't find a reasonable web host with no ads, so I wound up just keeping my "free" freewebs site and paying the 4 bucks a month to have advanced features as well as no pop up ads and they have great customer service!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 9:02pm
post #8 of 19

My site doesn't have any pop-ups or ads on it and I use Yahoo. The hosting is $11.95 a month but the first 3 months are at $8.95. People always thing a professional webmaster designed my site...nope, just little ol' me. If you want to go the free route you probably don't get a dedicated domain name and your clients will have to put up with banner ads and other stuff so it can remain free. But you do what you can afford. IMHO, Yahoo is the best bang for your buck.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 11:15pm
post #9 of 19

I made my own and bought the URL.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 11:11pm
post #10 of 19

wow 11.95 a month..........I'm a cheapo, that seems expensive to me!

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 11:31pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkoenig07

Hi all,
I'm attempting to make a website for my cakes. I'm just wondering what all of you guys used to make yours? I'm on www.webs.com right now & started doing one through there, but its just so confusing. THanks

I use Yahoo as well. Very easy to work with the site pages and the price is very reasonable too.

Wesha

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:19pm
post #12 of 19

We use Sitebuilder by Yahoo! as well. The company that designed our logo secured the domain name for us and bills us yearly for that fee so that it will remain ours. The great part about Yahoo (although you thought it might have been expensive) is that they do an automatic deduction from your checking acocunt on a monthly basis. So, you don't have to incur heavy upfront costs.

Paul & Peter

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 6:41pm
post #13 of 19

I used vistaprint.com. Very easy to set up and they give you a free one-month trial.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 6:50pm
post #14 of 19

I use Homestead.com It's easy, user friendly, inexpensive, they have great customer service and I've been very very happy with my site. icon_biggrin.gif

cakelady31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady31 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 7:19pm
post #15 of 19

I just got my website up and running. It was very easy to do. I used godaddy and they were great! excellent customer service and my website was free with the purchased domain .
I did it myself and I have about no computer skills other than checking my email !

Good Luck

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 6:54pm
post #16 of 19

Yahoo Sitebuilder. Love it!! And when I call customer service they are always very helpful. A word of warning... You have to hold the phone away from your ear when the recording comes on that sings a very loud "YAHOO!!!!" like a cowboy and then the two beeps when you are transferred. Yeah, I've called them a few times! icon_wink.gif

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 11:46pm
post #17 of 19

This thread answers my questions as well, except:

Once you have made your site, do you have to "publish" it to the web for other's to find it? How does that work?

thanks

gr8cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8cakemaker Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:51pm
post #18 of 19

I use officelive.com, they are excellent and it comes with a free direct email too...all free free free

montanabaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
montanabaker Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 2:06am
post #19 of 19

I use synthasite.com It is totally free and easy! I think my website turned out pretty good too....I just set it up a couple of weeks ago. You can check it out if you want http://happycampercakes.synthasite.com
It really is free.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%