Best Recipe To Use For A Cookie On A Stick

Baking By drowninginfondant Updated 24 Nov 2008 , 1:12pm by GeminiRJ

drowninginfondant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowninginfondant Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 4

I need a cookie that really holds well on a stick. Also, the best icing/glaze to use as well. TIA

3 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 4

I use the following recipe that is almost identical to the NFSC on this site, only the recipe makes about half the number of cookies.

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla
2tsp. baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour

In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg and mix until well combined. In a separate bowl, mix together the baking powder and flour. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture by thirds, mixing only until combined. Lay a sheet of waxed paper on your work surface and lightly dust with flour. Place a disk of the dough on the paper and lightly dust with flour. Roll to 1/4" thickness. Cut out your shapes and transfer to cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges just begin to brown. (The bigger the cookie, the more time it usually takes).

For icing, I like using 3 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 T. skim milk or water, 3 T. light corn syrup, 15 drops brite white food color. This is just a variation of Toba's Glaze, as well as Wilton's shiny cookie icing. It's simple to adjust the consistency of the icing. If you want a thicker icing, add more powdered sugar. If you want a thinner icing, add more corn syrup.

Happy baking!

drowninginfondant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowninginfondant Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 4

Thank for the reply. Do you freeze your dough for a couple of hours right after mixing it up?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowninginfondant

Thank for the reply. Do you freeze your dough for a couple of hours right after mixing it up?

I mix up the dough and move directly to rolling it out. No chilling or freezing required. I like using the sheet of waxed paper to roll on because it's easy to flip the paper over, releasing the cookie and making it easy to transfer it onto the cookie sheet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%