I Can't Post To The Gallery

Baking By Peeverly Updated 21 Nov 2008 , 4:13pm by cookiemookie

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 12:21am
post #1 of 15

Ok. I know there is maintenance going on here at the site but I others have posted pictures over the past couple of days. I don't seem to be able to post. Is it just me or are others also having trouble?

14 replies
Peeverly Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 15

Anyone else having trouble posting? I'm sure it is the update on the servers but I was just wondering because some new posts have shown up and mine do not.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 15

Bummer! I want to see your pictures! I was able to upload a couple pictures, but I'm not getting any notices on receiving comments. I'm also not getting notices when replies are made to forum posts and when someone has sent me a PM. I'm hoping it's just a momentary glitch that will get ironed out. Keep trying to upload your pictures.

P.S. - Is there a possibility that you're getting an error message when you try to upload, but then the pictures are still posting okay? I've gotten an error message almost every time I've replied in the forums and to PM's, but they still post.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 15

I want to see your pics too! I checked the gallery just now and didn't see them! To test what is going on, I did just upload a test pic and it appeared that all went well, saying to wait 30 min., but I was able to see the pic. I did delete it right away though as it wasn't the one I am going to use, but it appeared that it would work.

Good luck and I am looking forward to seeing them!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 15

The message at the top of every page says there is site maintenance going on. There are so many people posting forum threads thinking that their problem with some part of the site is unique. It is maintenance time and everyone is having problems.

Hey, I'm having withdrawal symptoms too but everyone should just be patient and stop complaining in the guise of "oh is it just me"

And now is not a good time to post pictures anyway. The site is running so slow that no one wants to load them and see them. Your photos are likely to be lost in the down time.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:13pm
post #6 of 15

I was able to post a new picture but I am not receiving any emails about replies for my pics or the forums im watching either. I hope everything is fixed soon. I can't even get on her when I use Mozilla Fox (web browser) at home it says problem loading, I have to use internet explorer to get on.

Peeverly Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 7:32pm
post #7 of 15

Ok. I'll be patient. We are all so used to getting instant gratification that when we have to wait we can't take it! I'll give it a couple more days! In the meantime if you want to check out the new ones go to:

http://flickr.com/photos/andovercookiemama/

Talk to ya all soon! icon_smile.gif

TracyLH Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 10:20pm
post #8 of 15

Oh... (this is where I need a light bulb emoticon), you are Andovercookiemama! I have been on Flickr a couple of times and seen your name and never made the connection.

Thanks for sharing your Flickr site! You are just SO incredibly talented!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 11:14pm
post #9 of 15

Very nice and neat cookies! Love the tags too!

Peeverly Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 2:15am
post #10 of 15

Thanks Tracy and Silvercat. My secret is out!! Yes, I am Andovercookiemama on Flickr. I am kinda sad you all know - please say I'm Peeverly to all of you (yes, I know it is a really stupid name and it almost sounds obscene/perverted?) It happens to be the nickname I gave my little brother (when he was my little brother) to bug him. His name was Stephen and I called him Steverly Peeverly - yes I was and still am immature! He passed away 12 years ago so using this little pet name gives me comfort. I'd go into more detail but I think I need to post it all to a therapy forum instead of the cookie forum!!!! ha, ha.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 12:46pm
post #11 of 15

LOVED your holiday cookies! Especially the "Let it Snow" cookie. The colors were so appealing. And you will always be Peeverly to me!

TracyLH Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 1:08pm
post #12 of 15

Oh, I am so sorry I gave a secret away! icon_redface.gif I am a CC gal and only happened on Flickr a couple of times and just noticed the other name when I saw some comments, but you are and always will be Peeverly to me! icon_biggrin.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 1:13pm
post #13 of 15

Peeverly, Your cookies are beautiful! I love all of them, especially the converse sneakers, they are too cute!

Peeverly Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 2:33pm
post #14 of 15

Hi, It's me, Peeverly again! Tracy don't worry about giving the secret away - I'm always looking for a reason to make a joke (my kids tell me that I'm NOT that funny - I think I just amuse myself!). Cakecentral is the bomb but Flickr is fun too so I was glad to send you all over there to check it out. Just don't leave us here we would be VERY sad icon_cry.gif ! Thanks for all your very sweet comments. Tried again this morning to post picture but to no avail. I'll just check back again.

Susan
aka Peeverly or Andovercookiemama icon_biggrin.gif

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 4:13pm
post #15 of 15

Duh! I just had a lightbulb moment also! I am even on a forum with you and didn't make the connection!

I'm sure I have some of your cookies in my favorites there also.

You do beautiful work!

Glad you posted your Flickr icon_biggrin.gif

What a sweet gesture to honor your brother.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%