"just Whatever Little Boys Like"

Decorating By diamondsonblackvelvet13 Updated 20 Nov 2008 , 5:53am by diamondsonblackvelvet13

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 13

I love orders like this... icon_confused.gif The customer said, "Just whatever little boys like." Ummmm yea. He wasn't sure how old the little boy is going to be, either 7 or 8. I am thinking hot wheels or transformers....safe bet right? What do y'all think?

Thanks in advance!

12 replies
emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 13

My nephew turned 8 and he still likes SpongeBob, but there's also SpiderMan. icon_smile.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 13

Hey! I forgot about Spongebob and SpiderMan...now I am really undecided! lol

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 13

Lego, Pokemon, Bakugan, video games, dogs, dinosaurs, insects, candy, Chaotic cards, Iron Man, chess, poker, Wii.....

These are all things that my little boys (8 & 11) like. I would ask to speak to someone who might actually KNOW what this little boy would like, otherwise you'll be floundering!!

Good luck!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 5:09pm
post #5 of 13

I just did a pokemon cake for an 8 year old .. I guess he's really "big" again ..

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 13

I think I'll call the guy again ask MAKE icon_smile.gif him make a desicion. Sheesh! Thank you for the responses!

sweetcakesva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesva Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 6:57pm
post #7 of 13

indiana jones, star wars, batman superman spiderman are all safe bets. race cars (speed racer just came out on video so that is popular right now) and sports are ok too but If I had to pick one superheros are ALWAYS safe with little boys
I particularly dont like spongebob for my kids, so I dont know... icon_biggrin.gif

sweetcakesva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesva Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 6:59pm
post #8 of 13

I say super heros are ALWAYS safe . also Indiana Jones Star Wars and Speed Racer are all hot right now.
I personally dont like my kids watching spongebob

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 7:34pm
post #9 of 13

There's also Ben 10, Guitar Hero, GI Joe, the Hulk, etc.

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 8:24pm
post #10 of 13

Umm, a big pile of dirt and rocks?? That's what my little boy seems to like more than anything.

Race cars, construction, firetrucks, sports, probably any superhero. Spiderman, Hulk, and Batman are on all the boys clothes this season. SpongeBob is a fav among kids, but not all parents. I'd present the customer with three suggestions and make them choose so THEY are ultimately responsible.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 4:29am
post #11 of 13

I saw him this evening at the college. I made him choose between Hot Wheels, Transformers, and Spngebob. He chose Hot Wheels! YAY! Thank you everyone for your responses!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 4:54am
post #12 of 13

Glad you came to a decision! I'm kinda surprised there wasn't already a theme of some sort picked out.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 5:53am
post #13 of 13

I agree MacsMom. I believe he said it was "for the little boy my mom watches." I am guessing that she babysits? I dunno. It's prolly a just because I care and it's your birthday kind of cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%