Color Combination Suggestions

Decorating By LisaI Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 8:26pm by LisaI

LisaI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaI Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 3

I am preparing for my Wilton course 3 final cake. I plan to do sotas on part of it (airy, lacy ones that the icing shows through, not too solid of a covering).

I am looking for any suggestions on color combinations that would be classy, wedding-ish feel, but not as much as white on white... does that make sense? The first thought I had was white on ivory or ivory on white, but I also figure that those here with more experience (and confidence, lol) than me might have some other suggestions that would help me make my cake unique?

I have searched the gallery some, and haven't found anything that really is helpful to help me decide anything, as far as comparing the white peeking through the ivory or vice versa look like, and which I prefer...so if anyone knows of a picture and could point me at it, that would be great too.

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 12:56am
post #2 of 3

I love the look of mint green (or any light green) w/white or very light ivory as the decorationsicon_smile.gif

LisaI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaI Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks kakeladi, that does sound nice.

In general, does a light color (example the green) look better under the white/ivory, or does it look better the otherway (color over the white/ivory)? Anyone?
I know what I like when I see it, but have a harder time imagining it. I don't have time to make 50 practice cakes this week... icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%