Edible Image Printer & Supplies.. Some ?'s

Decorating By jcaste Updated 18 Nov 2008 , 5:32pm by auntginn

jcaste Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jcaste Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 4:44am
post #1 of 2

I am planning on purchasing the Canon Pixma iP3500 printer to do my edible images.

I will be making a family members cake & her little boy wants a "Ghost Rider" themed party. She had a really hard time finding anyone to make this cake at our local grocery stores & she heard I was learning how to decorate cakes & asked me. Eeeeek! So the pressure is on. Im not an artist so I dont know how to draw. I had in mind to make an edible plaque but local stores will not print it out for me since its copyrighted so I have decided to buy my own printer & do it myself.

What all do I need to purchase & can these items be bought in cake supplies stores? I need to make this cake by Saturday & need to get started tomorrow & tues to let it dry & have it ready.

Thats my only suggestion. I think if I draw it on the cake it would be too difficult to get the precise color of the fire & the details of the bike etc. Unless someone else has other suggestions.

Any advice or tips would help/Thanks!

1 reply
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 2

The printer is the first step. Then you will need to buy the cartridges and frosting sheets. If you go to http://kopykake.com you can order from them and save a lot of time.

I have seen others from this site buy empty cartridges and do the refills etc. IMHO its too much time spent.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%