Drawing It Out First??

Decorating By persephone76 Updated 7 Jan 2010 , 11:51pm by niccicola

persephone76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
persephone76 Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 4:04am
post #1 of 9

I'm a newbie and I'm taking a class. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing a cake with 'The Wiggles' on it.

I'm sure the answer to this is somewhere in here, but I'm new and I can't find it. But what's the best way to get the picture I want like drawn out on the cake?? Is there a easy way to do it, or do I free hand it all?

Please help! My class is tomorrow evening so I don't have much time!!

8 replies
AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 4:19am
post #2 of 9

Obviously the easiest way is with an edible image, HOWEVER, those are copyrighted so unless it is a freebie for family or friends I wouldn't go that route. There is frozen buttercream transfer that is fun to make and turns out well. I have also read about using royal icing and outlining the image then turning it upside down after it has hardened and pressing down to make an impression. You then outline the image and flood each section. If you have some acrylic like sheets (I use projector sheets) or some sort of plastic sheet that is flexible you can try the frozen buttercream transfer. There are instructions here or elsewhere on the internet. I find the shinier the sheet is the shinier the image is once it is removed. Good luck and let us know what you try and how it worked for you.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 4:45am
post #3 of 9

if you're taking a class tomorrow why not ask the instructor. perhaps transferring a pattern will be part of the class.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:47am
post #4 of 9

Hi and Congrats on your 1st post, persephone76. icon_smile.gif

10 Ways to transfer images to cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-586438-.html

HTH

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:59am
post #5 of 9

If the character is a copyrighted character, even making it via a FBCT is a copyright violation, if this is anything except a freebie for friend/family.

persephone76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
persephone76 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:57pm
post #6 of 9

Sorry, this was a thread from like a year and half ago.

The cake was for myself, for a cake class (as posted) that I was taking.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 10:11pm
post #7 of 9

Wow! That was an old thread! You just never know when these things are going to come back to life! Hehe.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 4:32am
post #8 of 9

oops! I didn't even notice! icon_redface.gif

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 11:51pm
post #9 of 9

i'll just throw in my 2 cents...

I do a Melted Chocolate transfer. Same method as FBCT but you use chocolate wafers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%