What Now....?? Long Advice Please

Decorating By kendi25 Updated 15 Nov 2008 , 3:06pm by leah_s

kendi25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendi25 Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:55am
post #1 of 4

Great news.... or so I hope. I will finally have my dream come true or maybe the most disastrous(SP) moment of my life.
I am just so sick of these people that call and cry about things be expensive and "work with them" - which is fine., But, I am in this business to pay my bills and maintain my life like everyone else.
So the light went on in Hubby's head. You know what you need to do?
Me - What?
Hubby - ummmm, what about we......
Me - don't even say it (and walks away)
Hubby- follows me, no, not what you think --- listen please
Me - what, make it quick
Hubby - you are a great cook, great designer, very crafty and very business oriented -- I start to blush --- is that wrong? icon_redface.gif
Hubby continues....you have a wonderful yard- why not hold a sampling party that way you can attract some real clients.
Me - no way I am feeding people for free.
Hubby - no like the CEO of my company, and some other companies in the same/ similiar field.
*The lights suddenly went off in my head*
So I called my worst critic -- My Mom
and she is like so cool with the idea.
So I called some people in high places, and they are like will love to.
So. we will be doing a showcase of my international cuisine and cakes. I am so nervouse cause this is not entertaining, it is a high profile night of sampling. I am super nervous and optimistic.
If there are any of you who also do catering besides cake decorating. Please tell me what you all think. It will be a very formal, high profile, sampling dinner/exibit at my home. And I am nervous.
Please I need you all's support -- Thanks icon_confused.gif

3 replies
need2sleep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
need2sleep Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 3:11am
post #2 of 4

I'm not in the catering business, but I wanna wish you all the luck in the world. Just remember to breathe and you will be fine!! GOOD LUCK!!

BethyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethyM Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 4

I think it's a fabulous idea. Let's face it, you're better off with corporate or high end clients who appreciate and will pay for fine work rather than someone comparing your pricing to what they can get at the grocery store or Sams.

Have fun and enjoy the night!!! Sounds like a fabulous idea.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 4

Great idea! have a florist friend showcase (donate) some fabulous arrangements too!

IndyDeb is a caterer aso. Maybe you could PM her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%