Decorating A Cheesecake? Tips & Recipes?

Decorating By albumangel Updated 15 Nov 2008 , 1:27am by SILVERCAT

albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 12:27am
post #1 of 2

It's my hubby's 40th birthday, and I'm making a box of cigars cake. When I asked him what flavor, he said (cause he knows how to push my buttons as a baker), "Your mother's cheesecake." icon_rolleyes.gif

So I've only ever made cheesecake in a round springform pan. I need rectangular-shaped cheesecakes to stack for the cigar box. Anyone ever try to make cheesecake in a square pan? Is there such a thing as a square springform pan? I can't imagine carving it would work at all. Any tips for decorating it- since it must stay refrigerated I can't wrap it in fondant- maybe some type of modelling chocolate?

Or maybe I just do a cheesecake-flavored cake, especially since he also says I can't make my mom's cheesecake as good as she does anyway. icon_confused.gif Anyone have a cheesecake-flavored cake recipe that you love? Something that doesn't use box mixes or instant pudding if possible? What filling/frosting do you use with it?

TIA! thumbs_up.gif

1 reply
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 1:27am
post #2 of 2

You can try lining your pan with parchment paper and lifting it out. Like you do when you use the springform pans to keep the bottom of your pan and your sides from sticking. I have never done this but thought I would throw it out there for you. Sorry I can't help you the rest of the way but hope this works for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%