Wonder Pets Boat!!! Help!

Decorating By SweetStuff30 Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 10:58pm by SweetStuff30

SweetStuff30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetStuff30 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 6

Hey!! Anyone have any ideas on how i can make the 'sail' for the wonder pets boat. I only have 1 day notice.. not enough time for fondant to dry up... Are there any other ways of doing it that could possibly be edible? (i mighthave to resort to making it out of paper)

thannks!

5 replies
Sandy2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandy2008 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 6

I am not familiar with the boat you are asking about. But what about a gel sail like the butterfly wings have on some of the cc photos? I'll search for them and see what it says.
Sandy

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 6

Do you have gumpaste? That is what I used for my sail when I did my wonderpets cake. Otherwise, yes I think you'd have to go with regular paper... You could put it in the oven with just the oven light on to help it dry faster.

Sandy2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandy2008 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 6

I see what you mean by the wonderpets cake now. Gel would not look good. If gumpaste doesn't work for you, what about making a sail from a cookie recipie? A sugar cookie formed like a sail. I have used a hacksaw very lightly before on gingerbread to cut it down evenly. Not sure it it would crack a sugar cookie though. But you could form the cookie into a triangle before cooking. It would be yummy too!

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 6

what about using rice paper???

SweetStuff30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetStuff30 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 6

thanks these are all great ideas!! IF only i had rice paper i would use that!! I wouldnt even know where to get that from. I found a site that a cc'er msged me with a link to print out a template of the sail and the logo.. so i think ill just use that for now as i work all day and have to go home and start baking like a mad woman!! So the sail ill have to do with plain old paper for now. Next time a little more advanced notice would be wonderful!!! buut nothing usually works out that way! icon_razz.gif Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%