Nevermind

Decorating By carrie6583 Updated 15 Nov 2008 , 1:31pm by springlakecake

carrie6583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carrie6583 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 27

Nevermind, apparently I'm not part of the "crowd" and won't find any help here.

26 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 27

Welcome to Cake Central. Sorry you feel that way. It may be that you asked a question that doesn't have an easy answer.

I can't find an earlier post in your name, so perhaps something went wrong?

What can we do to help?

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 27

Sometimes people don't see your post or don't have an answer for it. You're not the only one...I've had a few unanswered post...don't take it personally. I have learned a lot on here and if we can help we will icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome to CC! What's your question?

MegWinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MegWinn Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 27

Sometimes I post things at "off" times of the day...I find I have to "repost" or give my post a "bump" during a higher traffic time. People here have been nothing but kind and generous with their time and talent whenever I have asked for advice or instruction. Don't be too hasty judging the members here...We're all here because we choose to be not because we have to be. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 27

carrie6583, your post above says it's #1. Did you post previously under a different name?

What can we do to help?

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:28pm
post #6 of 27

Welcome to CC! Did you have another post? I searched your posts and this is the only one that came up. Maybe there was a glich or something.

Don't be discouraged, this site has a wealth of information and fabulous people. Let us know how we can help you!

Mandi

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:29pm
post #7 of 27

Welcome to CC! Did you have another post? I searched your posts and this is the only one that came up. Maybe there was a glich or something.

Don't be discouraged, this site has a wealth of information and fabulous people. Let us know how we can help you!

Mandi

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:30pm
post #8 of 27

Hi Carrie6583 ~ This is the only post showing for you. If you posted another question, it seems that it didn't upload properly. Please ask again. We'd all love to help you! Best wishes! icon_smile.gif

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:36pm
post #9 of 27

Oh! I forgot to mention... If you posted a question to a photo, some people do not check photo comments as often as these forums. If you asked a question on a photo and did not receive a response, you can always PM the person who posted the photo, or you can ask the general question here and see who can help. ... Hope this helps!

OhioBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhioBaker Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:37pm
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6583

Nevermind, apparently I'm not part of the "crowd" and won't find any help here.

Oh, honey...we don't have any crowds here...this is such a wonderful site and we'd be more than happy to help you, but I take this message as the others have, in that you may have asked a question and didn't get an answer. But, I don't see any other posts from you besides this one. If you look in the forums, you will see many people complaining that their posts are disappearing. It must be a glitch that needs some adjusting.

So, there's no need to give up or get frustrated. If I were you, I would look under your sent posts and see if it exists on your end and if so, you could let Heath or Jackie know that you're experiencing issues...and if you don't see it (like we don't) then I would post again.

Hang in there...this is an amazing site to learn from so many professional bakers. What little I know about baking came from all of these generous people on this site.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:58pm
post #11 of 27

Ouch.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:58pm
post #12 of 27

You became part of the 'crowd' when you became a member. Sometimes, more than one post or even a direct PM to one or more fellow decorators is necessary to get help.

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:01pm
post #13 of 27

What was your question? It is not on the site anywhere. Cake Central is a wonderful site for cake makers. Are you a cake maker? I saw the one cake you posted & the wording makes it sound like you didn't make it.

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:06pm
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Ouch.

I'm with you icon_lol.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:15pm
post #15 of 27

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 10:53pm
post #16 of 27

No need for pity parties! Just repost your question, someone will always answer even if it takes a day or so. We're all waiting to hear what your question is?

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 11:25pm
post #17 of 27

lol @ truly... thats my thought after 5 people responded... the first thing i noticed was this was her first post...

Welcome to CC!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 12:01am
post #18 of 27

I suspect that what this poster did was post a question, and when nobody answered in what she felt was a suitable amount of time, she went in and edited her original post.

Where some people would have bumped, she took her marbles and went home.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 12:36am
post #19 of 27

Pretty ironic considering the "nevermind" thread now has 17 responses.

FWIW maybe the person started a new CC I.D. in order to post this thread, that's why he/she appears to be a newbie. Kind of a pot-stirring post IMHO.

carrie6583 Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:11am
post #20 of 27

Actually, I joined the other day after being led here through cakewrecks and the opportunity for me to make a nice cake for my son came up, and I had a question about how to ice a cut/rough cake without making a big mess of the icing.

The thread sat here all day with no replies and a ton of looks and yes, I guess I got a bit perturbed.

I'm not a troll, I'm just a mom who wanted an answer so I could start working on the idea of his cake...

I'm sorry some of you thought I was trolling. I wasn't. I just edited my original post and left my other post there instead.

AND I think I actually remembered while I was wandering down the aisle of the drug store a few moments ago that if you paint the cake with simple syrup after it's cut that it won't ball up... correct? I saw that on foodnetwork or something.

Again, sorry - as I told someone who very kindly messaged me... it was also a case of trickle down. Not a good day at home, and it ran out my fingers.

icon_redface.gif

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:18am
post #21 of 27

sorry you weren't having a good day.

Honestly, welcome to CC!

I don't know about painting a cake with simple syrup to make it not "ball" up.

I don't have much experience carving, but I know someone will answer your question soon. I hope you Have a better evening.

If you don't get a response in about half a day give your self a "bump" which just means, go and reply to your own thread. It will move up the list.

Also, I find it helps to be pretty specific in your thread title. like... "Need help with carving cake..." or.. does simple syrup make it easier to carve a cake?

Hopefully us CCers can help you out quicker next time!

sillyjodes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillyjodes Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:32am
post #22 of 27

Hi, I use flavored coffee syrups to add more zing and moisture to many of my cakes. The hazelnut makes a white cake so yummy. For a kids cake, I use Peanut butter at home on PB & J cakes, but if that's an issue, Torani has a ton of flavors. Also, they come in sugar free, if you're into that.
I'm kind of new also, so I am sure someone else will offer more advice than just flavor enhancements.
Don't worry about the bad day; heck we all have them.

ceshell Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:42am
post #23 of 27

I'm sorry you were having a bad day too. It's frustrating when someone new comes onto CC and kind of bashes the community, but I can see why it might happen since you don't KNOW how great people are here! icon_wink.gif I do hope you stick around and learn about how great this community is, it is really an extraordinary place. Even if you're just here for one cake, you will find a wealth of information. I joined just to find a recipe 2.5 years ago (had no interest in decorating). The rest is history, as they say.

Also you should know that lots of time posts get tons of looks but few/no answers. Keep in mind that some people take a look at the title, read the message, and realize they can't help. Others look at your message because they hope someone ELSE has answered your question, because they want to know the answer too! So that will definitely happen, and it doesn't mean people are reading, know the answer, but seeing that a "newbie" posted and so withholding info. People are so darned helpful here!

Please have fun here, but don't neglect your family like I do ROTFL icon_lol.gif

p.s. I totally agree with the "specific subject line" for your thread, that often helps thumbs_up.gif

carrie6583 Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:48am
post #24 of 27

Actually, my thread title was - Help, need help icing an already cut cake, or something very similar.

I will post a new thread and can we close this one please?

ceshell Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 5:19am
post #25 of 27

Just PM a moderator (see the list of moderators at the top of the How Do I? forum main page ...I'd recommend PM'ing ALL of them since you never know who is around on a Friday/thru the weekend) and ask them to "lock" the thread, then nobody else will be able to post to it and it eventually will go away icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

For what it's worth, I have over 1,700 posts, have been at CC for over two years, and I still post topics that go unanswered. Sometimes the time you post a question simply doesn't coincide with the online activity of people who know the answer. Hang in there!

I for one am one of those many people who probably would have read your thread but not answered, as I don't have a clue icon_redface.gif .

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 6:03am
post #26 of 27

I've never heard of the simple syrup technique that you refer to. I've never done what you are asking but if I had to I guess I would use my large icing tip and then smooth the frosting.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 1:31pm
post #27 of 27

to answer your question, I would perhaps freeze the cake for awhile, do a crumb coat, freeze or chill to harden and then ice the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%