Entertaining Customer Boo Boo

Decorating By KoryAK Updated 26 Nov 2008 , 10:23pm by __Jamie__

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 12:47am
post #1 of 18

I received this email today:

"Hi Bill*. This is Suzy Q. Bride*. You had baked a cake for my wedding for June 28th this year. I wanted to let you know that I was not pleased with the cake and the way you treated everyone in the hotel when you were delivering the cake and setting up. The Cake was VERY dry and did not taste good. The out side was beautiful. How ever, all I heard about was how dry and tasteless it was. I had asked for vanilla with raspberry filling. Instead I got yellow cake with raspberry filling. I was looking forward to having an amazing cake. I just want to let you know about your service. I would like to get some what of a refund but I'm sure you would not be so kind about it.

-Suzy Q Bride*"

*(obviously I changed the names)

This cake is NOT mine! I did meet with this bride but I triple checked my records, and we did not make her cake. Guess we should've icon_smile.gif And what a nut.... my email addy is the business name all spelled out which is nothing like the other guy's (and yes, its a GUY and I'm not) and our business names aren't even close sounding. Plus she wants a refund 5 mos later! haha. Hate to be this guy. icon_smile.gif

17 replies
cmp24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmp24 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:04am
post #2 of 18

lol did you email her back to let her know she got the wrong person lol

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:51am
post #3 of 18

Yeah! Enquiring minds are DYING to know!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:06am
post #4 of 18

That's hillarious!

If I knew the baker I'd forward it to him and cc her on the forward. icon_twisted.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:12am
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

That's hillarious!

If I knew the baker I'd forward it to him and cc her on the forward. icon_twisted.gif

With a note of "Uh....I think this is yours!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:23am
post #6 of 18

Make sure that this nut doesn't associate your business with his. There was a member on CC before that had her name dragged through the mud about a wedding cake that was dry and made people sick. Except she was not the baker of the cake, it was another bakery who made it. The damage was done to her name and the family donated $500 to a charity in her honor for the mistake.

Keep us informed. What are you going to email this person? Something along the lines of "No I will not refund you the money 5 months after your wedding for the simple fact I didn't make this cake. You have the wrong bakery. You want so and so bakery.... Had I done the cake you would still be talking about how wonderful it was, don't you wish you used me now." icon_lol.gif Sorry, couldn't help that one.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:26am
post #7 of 18

I'd be curious to hear if she really was one of his customers myself.

KoryAK Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:16am
post #8 of 18

I know exactly who the other baker is, and I SO considered all the things you guys said including emailing him straight out... but if it were me I'd not want anyone else to know about it... so I won't let him know I know. I sent her this right away:

"I'm not sure who you meant to send this to... but this is Kory with Superstar Pastry Design. I think I remember discussing a cake with you, but I double checked my records and we did not make your wedding cake. Good luck."

I found our old emails and I think the main reason she didn't go with us is because of price. Well, I guess she learned you get what you pay for icon_smile.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:29am
post #9 of 18

aww you are so gracious, I would so have wanted to add "nah nah nah nah naaaaah nah" icon_lol.gif

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:52am
post #10 of 18

Some people are so mind-numbingly stupid. Let's hope she never reproduces. The gene pool is already polluted enough as it is.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:29pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

I know exactly who the other baker is, and I SO considered all the things you guys said including emailing him straight out... but if it were me I'd not want anyone else to know about it... so I won't let him know I know.....

A very classy move, my friend.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:25pm
post #12 of 18

oh...I am so waiting to see if they email you back icon_lol.gif

you rock! icon_wink.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:11pm
post #13 of 18

That is the funniest thing I have heard in the longest time! I would have loved to see that girl's face when she saw her mistake, lol.

KoryAK Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:57pm
post #14 of 18

So far no return email, and I seriously don't expect one.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 12:00am
post #15 of 18

This is too funny icon_smile.gif Would love to have been a fly on the wall when she read your reply!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:33am
post #16 of 18

I just hope they haven't been running YOU in the ground for the last 5 months!!!!! Word travels fast, ya know!

I can't imagine how stupid she must feel!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 3:31am
post #17 of 18

Is she sure she married the right guy? icon_lol.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 10:23pm
post #18 of 18

I doubt she feels stupid at all. Like chutzpah said, mind numbingly stupid...not much room in there for things like shame.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%