Bake Even Strips...round Pan?

Decorating By Tinaweena197 Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 11:57pm by tiggy2

Tinaweena197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinaweena197 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 7

Hi ya'll!

So I have some bake even strips and they work so, so well with my oval and square pans. However, on a round pan, I still get a serious 'hump' on the top! I've tried having them soaking, dripping wet, having them just damp, having them soaked and wrung out...I think I've tried everything!

Is there some kind of trick I'm missing? Like I said it works wonderfully on my other shapes so I don't think it's a total user error...

Any help is appreciated!

6 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 7

the only thing i can think of is perhaps your round pans are from a slightly different material? I know that I have a Wilton round pan that bakes totally different than my other pans. icon_mad.gif

otherwise...to me, a hump (as long as it's just a 'hump' and not a 'mountain') is no big deal. Just cut it off! icon_biggrin.gif

Tinaweena197 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 7

They are all just wilton aluminum (can't spend the big bucks yet) so I'm not sure it's that.

Oh I do not mind just cutting it off (then I get to eat it!) but it is quite alot of cake going to waste since it's a pretty substantial hump.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 7

If it is just a small hump, I usually just take a clean towel and gently smoosh it back down and hold it in place until it cools a bit. Of course, that means not snacking for me on extra cake, but...my butt doesn't need any more cake snacking.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 7

Try putting a flower nail upside down in the pan before pouring in the batter. It will make the cake cook more evenly and help eliminate the hump.

Tinaweena197 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Try putting a flower nail upside down in the pan before pouring in the batter. It will make the cake cook more evenly and help eliminate the hump.

Not sure why I didn't think of this haha...thanks so much!! I will give it a try this weekend! Should a grease and flour it? Just grease it?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 11:57pm
post #7 of 7

I use pan release but grease should work too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%