Lil Help Maybe

Decorating By cakemakerkevin Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 5:07am by lifonahil

cakemakerkevin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemakerkevin Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:52am
post #1 of 11

well i am kinda new to the cake deco i am currently in the wilson classes i have started the fondant end of it and i love it!!!!!!!!!!! my question is this i seem to get the tecniques very well are there any sites or other classes next to wilsons for say the next step where i am located at not to much in bakerys willing to show off there so called expetise i watch Duff and all his bud's but its all hollywood not reailty and also the wedding cake on we channel sometimes i see techniques but i am HUNGRY FOR MORE LOL.. any insite would be greatly appriciated and also in closing the cakes i see on this site are simply AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG kudos to everyone

10 replies
kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:04am
post #2 of 11

Youtube.com offers a lot of video tutorials. Just do a search on the technique you want to do and you can watch and learn how to do it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:06am
post #3 of 11

Welll Kevin.......DVDs are probably going to be the best investment for you.
Anything from Nic Lodge; JenniferMI; or SugarShack would be a great start for you.

On another note: please post using punctuation. It is *very* hard to read what you posted.....I had to go over it 3 times before I got the drift of what you wanted to know.......and one more thing: it's Wilton not Wilson icon_smile.gif

cakemakerkevin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemakerkevin Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:15am
post #4 of 11

Sorry bout the typing ... been in a hurry son doing wood project for school... and after i posted i seen that i spelled Wilton's wrong . thanks for the info.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:42am
post #5 of 11

Your best bet in DVD's and you can actually find some great videos and tutorials on You Tube, Epicurios, DIY just look around. A little here and there and you'll learn alot. Oh and you can find some neat things and people on this site as well.

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:42am
post #6 of 11

hi kevin and welcome. you might want to repost and put that you are new to here. then maybe janH will see it and she is so awesome at giving links and things that you need to know and to help you with most anything. everyone on here is so very helpful and always willing to help us newbies. happy baking!!! icon_biggrin.gif

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:55am
post #7 of 11

Welcome to CakeCentral! You can learn lots from right here on this site, but as others have mentioned, check out everything you can find. Whether it be DVD's, videos, etc., you will find many decorators ready to mentor. Go to your local library and check out some books on cake decorating, baking, etc. Look through the "articles" and the "galleries" here, and if you find a certain technique you would like to learn, "PM" the decorator/poster, and ask. Good luck and have fun!

LadyMike icon_smile.gif

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:16am
post #8 of 11

Edna's videos are awesome on Youtube icon_smile.gif

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:17am
post #9 of 11

I second Chippis comment. Edna's videos on Youtube are the BEST (she is amazing)! Here is a link....

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:35am
post #10 of 11

You should also check out Aine2's stuff on YouTube or on her website....
extra-icing.blogspot.com/ .... Her videos are really great if you are looking to do some fun fondant work!

lifonahil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifonahil Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 5:07am
post #11 of 11

Ya i watched Ednas video on Bows and i made my first one and it came out great. I love it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%