Cream Cheese Marshmallow Icing/dip

Baking By coggie Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 4:36pm by grama_j

coggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coggie Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:19am
post #1 of 12

Does anyone know how this is if made ahead? I would think it needs to be refrigerated, would I then just remix? How long would cupcakes be able to be out without refrigeration if I used for cupcake filling?
Thanks for any help

11 replies
tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:29am
post #2 of 12

this is my favorite filling... i make mine ahead and refrigerate, but make sure its covered well cuz it will develop a "skin" like pudding does... you can leave cupcakes and cakes filled with them out for a few hours, just like you can regular cream cheese...

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:33am
post #3 of 12

I just made some for my cake filling for tomorrow....... OMG! That stuff is SOOO good ! My husband said it tastes like "MORE" ! I'm trying to think of other things to use with it......

grama_j Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:35am
post #4 of 12

OH ! Quick question about it...... is it 'slippery" ? Do I need a bigger dam ? I do not want the layers to be sliding around....

coggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coggie Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:36am
post #5 of 12

Thank you so much for the quick replies! This does help. My first attempt at filling cupcakes, so just wanted to be sure.

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:37am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by grama_j

OH ! Quick question about it...... is it 'slippery" ? Do I need a bigger dam ? I do not want the layers to be sliding around....

If you let it set up in the frig for about 15-20 mins and then fill the cake, it will be firm. I like to fill my cakes when they are partially frozen...keeps them more stable, less chance of oozing.

grama_j Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:40am
post #7 of 12

Thanks, tye.....

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:08am
post #8 of 12

i use this all the time! i just make a crusting cream cheese and add in my marshmallow cream...you will obviously need more powdered sugar, but it's really good!!!!!!!! i don't worry about refrigeration because it has such a high sugar content.

mixinvixen Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:09am
post #9 of 12

i use this all the time! i just make a crusting cream cheese and add in my marshmallow cream...you will obviously need more powdered sugar, but it's really good!!!!!!!! i don't worry about refrigeration because it has such a high sugar content.

grama_j Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 10:47am
post #10 of 12

oh, vixen..... the recipe posted on the board here doesn't call for powdered sugar..... that is why I wondered about the "slippery" factor......

8 oz Strawberry Cream Cheese
7 oz Marshmallow Fluff
Dash of strawberry extract or strawberry flavoring

Mix softened cream cheese, fluff, and flavoring well. Will be a creamy texture - use as a filling.

I didn't have any strawberry flavoring, so I sprinkled some strawberry Jello in it, and it brought out the strawberry flavor, and made it more pink........... YUMMY stuff !

mixinvixen Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:34pm
post #11 of 12

i always add p.s. because i use it as my signature icing, not just for a filling. you can't add all that extra "moisture" and not have problems. i've been using this for about 2 years now. i lovelovelove that dip, can eat it by the bowl with strawberries!, so i was just thinking one day on how i could incorporate that with a strawberry cake....i just made it up as i went along.

grama_j Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:36pm
post #12 of 12

Well, it sounds GREAT to me..... both as a filling AND as an icing ! THANKS

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%