Bittersweet Chocolate Cake???

Decorating By mommy2djb Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 9:14pm by mbt4955

mommy2djb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2djb Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 4

My husband - God bless him - took a cake order from someone in his office today.

It's for Friday, for a cake not on my menu!

Now I make a dark chocolate cake, but I've never done bittersweet. I just imagine it being heavy and dry. Any ideas or suggestions? I'm going to have to bake it in the morning, whatever I come up with.

I know this gentleman is not from the states, and desserts are definitely sweeter here than in the east. He said that his coworker said bittersweet, then said "like dark chocolate", "not too sweet". Well who orders a cake and doesn't want it to be sweet?!?!? icon_smile.gif

Any advice would be appreciated!!

3 replies
mommy2djb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2djb Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 4

anyone?

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 4

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Double-Chocolate-Layer-Cake-101275

This is my all time favorite chocolate cake. It has semi-sweet chocolate, cocoa and coffee in it and is a dark chocolate cake. I use bittersweet chocolate for the ganache, but frost with buttercream first and pour the ganache over the top. I have never had a complaint about this cake. icon_smile.gif

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 4

Oops ... just saw that the cake was for today. I'm sitting at work scrolling through the forums and did not pay any attention to the date. I hope your cake worked out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%