Packaging For Christmas

Decorating By Katie-Bug Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 3:33pm by kakedecorator

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have any good..cheap..sites for ordering packaging for Christmas candies and such?

I don't need a case of 100, but don't wanna pay a fortune for them. I want some that I can put a assortment of things in so they need to be kinda large.

Any ideas??

Thanks, Katie

4 replies
kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 5

How far are you from Nashville? Go to Sweet Wise in Nashville, TN if she doesn't have it she might be able to order it for you. You can also give her a call 615-874-1445. She also ships (sometimes).

julia1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1963 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 5

Hi. I use cans. For bigger gifts use coffee cans. I wash them and paint blue. Then with sponge dab bottom with white paint. Make three circles on top of each other around can. Make into snow men. Small branches for arms and piece of toothpick painted orange for nose. Also before snow men I take an old tooth brush and dip into white paint and splatter on sides of can to look like snow. icon_redface.gif I am not good at directions, but they look great when done and very inexpensive to make and not time consuming. I hope this helps you. Julia

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:01pm
post #4 of 5

I'm actually not to far from Kathy, about an hour an half. I just can't seem to ever find the time to get down there when she is open. That stinks too because I need some things! icon_cry.gif

I might try to paint/make some containers. I did find some boxes at Wal-Mart, they are for shirts, dvd, an such but they are good size. I will have to line them to protect them. I got two for $1.88. The cans would be great for the brittle an chex mix type things. thumbs_up.gif

Thanks, Katie

kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 5

Katie, If you are not on Sweet Wise/Kathy's e-mail list keep checking the site. We have discussed maybe doing longer hours and might try it for December and see how it goes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%