Need Help With Cake Idea!-Hannah Montana

Decorating By mamasmakincakes Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 8:06pm by haneen

mamasmakincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamasmakincakes Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 3

I need to make a Hannah Montana cake this Saturday and am wondering where I can go for ideas? I am making the wilton guitar but debating on making the neck longer. If anyone has ideas let me know!And I am decorating it using the star tip because i cant smooth icing out for the life of me!!! I am using regular cake icing for the cake and wilton decorator icing for the other things

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 3

I would lengthen the neck personally. There is actually a hannah montana guitar cake in the gallery where they used the wilton guitar pan and then lengthened the neck

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1239005
If by regular cake icing you mean canned betty crocker icing then it's no wonder you can't get it smooth. Get a recipe for a nice crusting buttercream and try to smooth it with a hot spatula, viva paper towel, or my personal favorite (the melvira method) a high density foam paint roller...you won't believe how smooth it gets!!!

haneen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
haneen Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 3

i need to make hannah montana cake this sunday im maken the cake with fonfant i need to know how to stick the starts on the stick what do i use and how to stickit on it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%