Advertising Idea/venue

Business By jennicita Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 12:42am by cakerygirl

jennicita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicita Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 8

Although I'm not nearly at a point where I feel comfortable making the leap right now (however it's my medium-term goal), a wonderful advertising opportunity has opened up for me that I want to share with all of you. Maybe something similar might be possible in your area?

Not too far from here there is a small yet fairly exclusive home decorating store which sells furniture, glassware and antiques to a high-income clientele. I was only there looking for nice cake stands and one of the managers of the store indicated an interest in integrating my cake dummies into her displays! Especially since this type of cake is relatively unknown here, it could benefit her business (adding an unusual, eye-catching element to her own displays) plus I would have access to those people who would actually be able and willing to spend money on a custom cake. Most people I know simply wouldn't - cake culture is different here in Germany.

Let me know if you've done this or decide to try it out - I think it sounds incredibly promising!

Jenny

7 replies
imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:21pm
post #2 of 8

That's a great way to get your name out there! I hope it brings you many customers!!!

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 8

It sounds very promising and I would jump all over that opportunity!

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 8

sounds like a win-win situation to me.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:10pm
post #5 of 8

Sounds great! Maybe you can change the dummies periodically for holiday interest. Also, if they have special sale events, maybe you can offer samples and be part of it. Like it was said, a win/ win situation. Congrats!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 8

I do this for a party rental store near me. I bring them a couple of dummies periodically and they give out my business cards. I do get some calls from people who've seen my cakes there, so it's a relatively painless way to advertise a little.

jennicita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicita Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 3:40pm
post #7 of 8

costumeczar - thanks for posting! It's good to hear from someone who's doing this and that it does work!
icon_smile.gif

Jenny

cakerygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerygirl Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:42am
post #8 of 8

We do this in various locations in our area. It is a win win for both businesses and very low cost.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%