M&m Candy Dispenser Cake

Decorating By KKC Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 8:54pm by KKC

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:26am
post #1 of 8

Hello Everyone,

Well first let me say that i appreciate the help of everyone here icon_biggrin.gif Ok so I have this goal list of cakes that i wanted to re-create (of course with the permission of the creator). So I've been eyeing the gumball machines that i've seen here and they are flawless...so i thought to myself..i've never seen an M&M Candy dispenser cake so let me try to create one instead of the original gumball machine. Ok, so I've recently started covering cakes with fondant and this one was so incredibly hard icon_cry.gif The cake was really soft...the buttercream didn't want to crust and my MMF was unusually soft. So I would like to get some tips and advice from you masters on how to cover a cake like this in fondant...do i drape it over the cake or is there another easy way?? Take a look and tell me what you think icon_smile.gif
LL

7 replies
cmp24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmp24 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:34am
post #2 of 8

I can't give you pointers..........but I WANT ONE! I have not tried fondant yet, but i want to, and when I get better at decorating I'll be trying one of the M&M's i've seen from here.

amazinggracecakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amazinggracecakedesigns Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:36am
post #3 of 8

I can't give you any advice on the fondant because I am also new at using it but I just wanted you to know that I think your cake looks great!! thumbs_up.gif My brother-in-law collects M&M stuff and he would love this cake! Great job.

KKC Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:42am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsandtreats270

I can't give you any advice on the fondant because I am also new at using it but I just wanted you to know that I think your cake looks great!! thumbs_up.gif My brother-in-law collects M&M stuff and he would love this cake! Great job.

Thanks so much...you are too kind! For the past year I've been sticking too buttercream but I've had alot of customers ask me about fondant cakes and I am just really teaching myself how to cover a cake in fondant. The first 5 that i covered in fondant went really well...but this one not so great. But thanks again for the compliment!

cmp24 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:56am
post #5 of 8

How did you get the M&M design on the glass or was it already on there? Awesome cake! Love it. Makes me really want to start working with fondant soon lol.

KKC Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 6:39am
post #6 of 8

Well I just took a small bag of M&M candy and cut out the logo and glued it onto the glass with the glue stick. I'm glad that this was only a practice cake and not a cake purchased by someone.

cmp24 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 8

Well now thats a crafty idea. Either way I think your cake turned out great.

KKC Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:54pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%