Is There A Cutter For This?

Baking By Lenette Updated 20 Nov 2008 , 7:33pm by TracyLH

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:07am
post #1 of 14

I want to make cookies that look like a slice of cake. I saw them on here somewhere but I have no idea who did them.

Does anyone know if there is a cutter for this or do I need to cut them from a template?

TIA for your help. icon_smile.gif

13 replies
Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 14

I haven't seen a cutter for this but it may be out there. Have you checked all the sites? Check for a thread on favorite cookie cutter sites (there are lots of threads on the cookie forum and there are also lots of sites!). You may be better off just making the template - otherwise you may spend a lot of time online searching for the cutter. Anyone else out there know?? Good luck!

Susan

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 14

i have seen one on here and i believe she makes her own cutters. she is really good too! can't remember her name, but if i come across it will come back and leave you the link. icon_smile.gif have a great day or nite!!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 14
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 14

what about antonia74, didn't she come up with the famous NFSC recipe? If she hasn't made them, she may be able to offer some guidance.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 10:48pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

what about antonia74, didn't she come up with the famous NFSC recipe? If she hasn't made them, she may be able to offer some guidance.

That recipe originated with a woman named Susan. Kitchen Collectables (sic) posted it in one of their newsletters and later "adopted" it. I have my original printout from ages ago that says something like Susan's Rolled cookies they Never Fail or something like that. You can't copyright a list of ingredients -- only the "substantial literary expression in the form of an explanation or directions." But it it is the same recipe word for word. Now everyone uses it. Fancy Flours has it in their catalog.

As far as the slice of cake, I've not seen a cutter for it. I remember the cookie, but I didn't save it. Was it Fairytale?

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 11:48pm
post #7 of 14

I have a picture and a template saved on my computer, but I didn't save it to my gallery favs on CC and I don't know who posted them!

Oooh ooh..just found the template. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=58358

I'll keep looking for the slice cookie. It was a wedding cake slice with their names and wedding date.

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 12:43am
post #8 of 14

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=155583

Is this the cake slice you are looking for? It's in a group shot.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:30am
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

Thanks, but I certainly didn't come up with that recipe....just the modified royal icing recipe for decorating. icon_rolleyes.gif

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 7:18pm
post #10 of 14

I can't find the NFSC recipe.. am I just spacing?!?!

I searched it but no luck, mind helping me out? tia

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 7:31pm
post #11 of 14
TracyLH Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 7:32pm
post #12 of 14
TracyLH Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 7:32pm
post #13 of 14
TracyLH Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 7:33pm