What Flowers Can I Pipe Directly On Cake?

Decorating By SpringFlour Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 12:46am by bobwonderbuns

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:39am
post #1 of 6

I've searched in the forums, but can't find just what I'm looking for...what kind of flowers can I pipe with buttercream directly on a cake? I can do roses on a nail and transfer just fine, but I want some other flowers in buttercream as well. I can make lots of flowers in RI, but I haven't done so many in buttercream.

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:50am
post #2 of 6

Apple blossoms; mums (may be easier to do on nail like rose); daisies; starflower; tulip; lilac; acorn; poinsettia.
I'm sure there are more but right now that's about all I can think of.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:56am
post #3 of 6

rosebuds (not full roses ... rose BUDS). they practically form themselves.

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:11am
post #4 of 6

Here you go thumbs_up.gif
Roses:

The only flower that I've tried that hasn't worked out was the tulip but I'm determined to nail that one this coming spring icon_wink.gif

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 3:55am
post #5 of 6

Thank you all so much! In the past I've checked out one of the Wilton Encyclopedias from the library and there were so many flowers it. I meant to copy the pages that I liked, but didn't get around to it. If only I could fork out the cash to get them...out of print!
I guess the best way to learn is to just try some out! Thanks for the suggestions!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 12:46am
post #6 of 6

The Wilton Encyclopedias are good but very pricey. You can find them on EBAY from time to time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%