post #91 of 108

Oh yes.. and Enda is a cake goddess.. icon_wink.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 9:57pm
post #92 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Oh yes.. and Enda is a cake goddess.. icon_wink.gif

So are you Jkalman.... By the way..I had a bride wanting a copy of your very famous TT. Had to do it in buttercream. The colors.... shades of blue from navy to baby blue, and green! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif I was annoyed. How can you hurt such magnificent cake in those colors. I played a bit with them. It turn out better than expected, for the color scheme. I have to post it..Of course, yours still better!.. icon_wink.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 10:08pm
post #93 of 108

LOL.. I'm sure yours is beautious too. I can't wait to see it.

tonedna Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 10:10pm
post #94 of 108

Didnt turned out too bad..wish it would have been fondant..But for the price...she got a lot!.. I had 10 weddings that week, so imagine all the thoughts in my brain!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 11:43pm
post #95 of 108

be sure to let me know when you post it. icon_smile.gif

and 10 weddings??? Yeesh!

NuttyNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NuttyNanny Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 12:05am
post #96 of 108

Lordy Edna....do you have any flaws? I've seen you're youtube videos...i've been to your website (you're designs are amazing! there's not one there I didn't like). You're gorgeous and gracious. You teach classes....hey anyone up for a road trip to Florida for classes???? And you're only 40!! Aaahh to be 40 again...that's been so long ago I can't even remember what it was like..hehehe! Well anyhoo....I think this site is amazing and i'm learning so much from all you so very kind decorators that share your wealth of knowledge. And some of you make me cry from laughing so hard at your posts...they are hysterical. What more could I ask for....learning and laughing. From this ol' newbie to all that share...a big Ohio thank you!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Ok i will stop this post is taking on more of a life than I intended.

tonedna Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 5:45am
post #97 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyNanny

Lordy Edna....do you have any flaws? I've seen you're youtube videos...i've been to your website (you're designs are amazing! there's not one there I didn't like). You're gorgeous and gracious. You teach classes....hey anyone up for a road trip to Florida for classes???? And you're only 40!! Aaahh to be 40 again...that's been so long ago I can't even remember what it was like..hehehe! Well anyhoo....I think this site is amazing and i'm learning so much from all you so very kind decorators that share your wealth of knowledge. And some of you make me cry from laughing so hard at your posts...they are hysterical. What more could I ask for....learning and laughing. From this ol' newbie to all that share...a big Ohio thank you!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Ok i will stop this post is taking on more of a life than I intended.

Welcome to CC...Is lots of fun here!

We only grow younger!

I will let you know jkalman!! thumbs_up.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

NuttyNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NuttyNanny Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 12:15pm
post #98 of 108

Thanks for the welcome Edna. WoooHooo (that's my country hick holler!) Geez you really get younger on this site? How about losing some unwanted pounds? LOL

FromScratch Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 1:11pm
post #99 of 108

That could happen.. as you make so many cakes that you slowly get sick of them.. icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 1:25pm
post #100 of 108

I can't work with long nails. I can't even work with some nails. I have to cut them short or I wind up marking my fondant. I guess I am just clumsy like that. HAHA!

Enjoy your day!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 2:02pm
post #101 of 108

Heck no!!!! For the life of me, I can't work with long nails.

Jen icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 2:19pm
post #102 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

That could happen.. as you make so many cakes that you slowly get sick of them.. icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

I wish this was true for me.. icon_redface.gif so many years making cakes and I still crave them! icon_cry.gif ....when will it stop!!!!!
Edna icon_razz.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 2:31pm
post #103 of 108

My nails look terrible, and my hands are always some weird color. One day, after I had finished all my cakes for the week, I had tried to scrub the color off my hands to no avail. I was sitting in the mall one day whilemy kids played at the indoor playground, and ran into a client of mine. She looked down at my hands and said "Wow, I guess you've been decorating today." Ack! I was SO embarrassed! I often think about running in to get a simple manicure (not fake nails, just pretty, polished nails) but think, what's the point? It will just get ruined. icon_sad.gif

KieslerKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KieslerKakes Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 2:33pm
post #104 of 108

I don't have any finger nails. My fingers are actually sore from opening fondant containers last Wednesday.

tonedna Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 5:32pm
post #105 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

My nails look terrible, and my hands are always some weird color. One day, after I had finished all my cakes for the week, I had tried to scrub the color off my hands to no avail. I was sitting in the mall one day whilemy kids played at the indoor playground, and ran into a client of mine. She looked down at my hands and said "Wow, I guess you've been decorating today." Ack! I was SO embarrassed! I often think about running in to get a simple manicure (not fake nails, just pretty, polished nails) but think, what's the point? It will just get ruined. icon_sad.gif

I usually wear gloves to work. But if you dont want to, put crisco in your hands.. It makes a bit of a difference.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 5:34pm
post #106 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by KieslerKakes

I don't have any finger nails. My fingers are actually sore from opening fondant containers last Wednesday.

I wonder why they don't already figure out an easy way of opening those lids..You need the strenght of a rhino to open them!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

PattyCakesMIA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyCakesMIA Posted 15 May 2013 , 7:49pm
post #107 of 108

To go back to the original them of this thread, I keep my nails short and i've been using gel polish (the kind that is applied and then cured by a UV lamp). It does not chip or stain, even when you get black food coloring all over yourself and forget to wipe off immediately! It lasts 2 weeks but I usually change it every 12 days just to  make sure it doesn't chip.

Someone told me that "polish is polish" and that means it is unhygienic to wear any. I thought the unhygienic part was polish flaking off and/or food under your nails. This polish stays on my finger nails like crazy glue! And I see cooks and bakers who wear nail polish (Food Network, Martha Stewart, etc), so do I really need to worry? 

Please let me keep my mani!! :)

PattyCakes

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 15 May 2013 , 8:01pm
post #108 of 108

Do I have long fingernails? Only when they're overdue to be trimmed (like right now).

And on the matter of fondant containers, would a small crowbar help?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%