Shipping Individually Wrapped Cookies?

Baking By AgentCakeBaker Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 7:03pm by KHalstead

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone shipped individually wrapped cookies? I have done it several times but am wondering the best way to ship them.

I usually place each wrapped cookie in a box and separate them with paper shreds and tissue paper.

Any other tips for shipping would be greatly appreciated!!!

6 replies
Sandy2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandy2008 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 7

Scroll to the bottom of the home page on cc. They have articles on How to's and cookie shipping is included.

AgentCakeBaker Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks Sandy, but that article is for cookie bouquets. I ship cookies individually with no bouquet or stick attached.

Maybe I can take the same approach though.

Does anyone else have a story to share on how they ship there individual cookies or cookies by the dozen?

mangiamangia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mangiamangia Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 7

I bubble wrap each cookie individually then put them in the box in a single layer. I put a layer of cardboard down on top of the cookies and then follow that with another layer of cookies. I have found this works well, especially when you have more than one shape of cookie.

Good luck! Hope everything arrives perfectly!
I get sick to my stomach when I ship cookies!!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:25am
post #5 of 7

I do the same as mangia...I find a layer of cardboard in between layers really helps to stabilize the cookies, but then I take the box with the cookies and put it in another with packing peanuts. That extra layer helps to protect them.

AgentCakeBaker Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 7

Great, thanks for the tips!

One last question...what size box or boxes do you use for 2 dzn cookies? I ordered some online, can't remember the size, but when I use them I can only put 1 dzn in 1 box. So I end up shipping 3 small boxes in 1 huge box.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 7

I usually use a shirt box or shoe box depending on the size of the cookies, I layer them singly with some bubble wrap between layers and then top the box and tape it shut making sure the cookies are good and snug with bubble wrap on all sides of box including top. Then I put that box inside a larger box with packing peanuts all around it and again, test by shaking the box you shouldn't feel or hear the inner box banging into the sides of the box, it should all be fairly snug so it doesn't jossle around....that's the most important thing.. I have never had even ONE cookie break mailing them this way!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%