Mil Hojas (Thousand Sheets) Cake

Decorating By nancy_7997 Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 11:35pm by evelynpr

nancy_7997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancy_7997 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 12:39am
post #1 of 4

I am curious if anyone has made this type of cake. I had never heard of it until someone brought it to a pot luck, it was store bought. It was a vanilla sheet cake torted, with what I thought was baked Filo dough sheets. And a cream in between the layer of sheets. It was delicious, but I just don't know how to recreate myself and I've tried searching for information online with no luck. I was wondering if someone has heard of it or has a recipe that I might be able to try out, I would very much appreciate it.Thank you.

3 replies
misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 4

I heard about this cake but I haven't try it yet I know you put the mil hojas and for filling use the recipe for Crema Pastelera I don't know if you knoe what is Crema Pastelera is made it with milk, egg yolks, vanillia and sugar. the only thing that I need to figure at is if you bake the mil hojas with or without the crema pastelera. I know that Smart and Final has the mil hojas ready to put in the oven so i don't know if you bake them and after put the crema pastelera. I need to find out too how to make it if you know before me please pm and let me know .Thank you.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy_7997

I am curious if anyone has made this type of cake. I had never heard of it until someone brought it to a pot luck, it was store bought. It was a vanilla sheet cake torted, with what I thought was baked Filo dough sheets. And a cream in between the layer of sheets. It was delicious, but I just don't know how to recreate myself and I've tried searching for information online with no luck. I was wondering if someone has heard of it or has a recipe that I might be able to try out, I would very much appreciate it.Thank you.

This is what I got when I used Google.

fficial&client=firefox-a" target="_blank" class="postlink">http://www.google.com/search?q=Mil+Hojas&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USicon_surprised.giffficial&client=firefox-a

evelynpr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evelynpr Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 4

Mil hojas is made with Puff Pastry sheets and "Dulce de Leche", you can find it in many bakeries here in PUerto Rico...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%